Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my 62D drive over mower deck which has been on my 2520.

Deck was purchased new in 2010 - I estimate it would have around 250 hours on it. Deck has been maintained perfecty over the years. Every fall after mowing season the underside has been cleaned and coated with EZ-Slide. Entire deck was then covered with a coating of Fluid Film.

Gauge wheels and front swivels greased at every other mowing. Spindles and idler arm greased on schedule with the manual every 20 hours of operation along with the drive shaft joints. Sliding PTO coupler lubricated with Fluid Film often. Gear Box oil was changed mid season 2016 with Deere GL-5 80w90 oil.

Pictures are from last fall when it was treated and put away for the season. Any questions please ask!

Located near zip 15832 - Asking $1750.00. Price includes mower deck with drive shaft, plastic chute (not pictured - has never been installed - in new condition), all connecting linkage and mechanical lift for 2520/2720 tractors. Owner's manual and deck installation manuals also included along with a like new set of G6 Gator blades.

P1030055.jpg

P1030053.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
That would be a dang good mower for someone and looks extremely well care for! I would be ashamed to show anyone a picture of the underside of any of my mowers after seeing yours.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Ok, I’ll bite. So apparently the move to a Zero turn is coming sooner than you thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok, I’ll bite. So apparently the move to a Zero turn is coming sooner than you thought?

Well...kind of top secret right now. You know - not jinxing myself at this point......

·
Registered
359 Posts
Good luck with the sale coaltrain. Dealing on a 72D now. Hope I wont be sorry for going this route after the rear mount for 25 years.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Well...kind of top secret right now. You know - not jinxing myself at this point......
Good luck on the sale. For a deck that is what, 11 years old, it looks in better shape than some delivered as "new".

·
Registered
11,943 Posts

:lol: i thought the same thing when i seen it posted for sale.

i hope ya sell it for sure -coaltrain--did ya cancel ur mulching kit already-or just couldn't come to order it.:laugh:

that Zturn just really bit ya-huh. about the same way the 2018 gator did me.:mocking: do u need me to haul ur zero turn home later?

·
Super Moderator
7,947 Posts
Looks to be in great shape. Well maintained for sure! :good2:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Coal, what is this EZ Slide? Is that the grey under your deck? What does it do?

·
Registered
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coal, what is this EZ Slide? Is that the grey under your deck? What does it do?
EZ-Slide is a friction reducing coating. In an attempt to stop grass from sticking under the deck I have tried a few things over the years. Part of my mowed area is always wet from heavy dew and nearby springs.

That is the gray coating in the one pic. The EZ-Slide goes on very easily - actually kind of a watery consistency. It takes no time at all to put 2-3 coats on.

It lasts pretty well. By the end of the season it is worn off only directly under the blades. Between the EZ-Slide and the Gator blades I have reduced the build up under my deck drastically. The buildup used to be bad - totally compacted under the deck. After this process this is what the deck looked like at the end of the season with only 1 cleaning mid-summer.

P1030036.jpg

That is a huge improvement over the stock blades and no coating.

EZ-Slide comes in quarts, gallons, and aerosol spray. A quart lasts me 3 seasons of 3 coats under the entire deck.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/ez-slide

famEZSld.jpg

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
EZ-Slide is a friction reducing coating. In an attempt to stop grass from sticking under the deck I have tried a few things over the years. Part of my mowed area is always wet from heavy dew and nearby springs.

That is the gray coating in the one pic. The EZ-Slide goes on very easily - actually kind of a watery consistency. It takes no time at all to put 2-3 coats on.

It lasts pretty well. By the end of the season it is worn off only directly under the blades. Between the EZ-Slide and the Gator blades I have reduced the build up under my deck drastically. The buildup used to be bad - totally compacted under the deck. After this process this is what the deck looked like at the end of the season with only 1 cleaning mid-summer.

View attachment 570249

That is a huge improvement over the stock blades and no coating.

EZ-Slide comes in quarts, gallons, and aerosol spray. A quart lasts me 3 seasons of 3 coats under the entire deck.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/ez-slide

View attachment 570257
Does the spray on work or is it better to paint it on?

·
Registered
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does the spray on work or is it better to paint it on?
I’ve never tried the spray. The brush on is so easy I never bothered. It literally takes 5 minutes per coat and each coat dries in 10 minutes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.