Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
My John Deere 655 (3 cylinder Yanmar diesel, hydrostatic) three point hitch is stuck in the up position. It went from working just fine to not working at all. I check the fluid level and it was empty (did not register on dip stick). I changed the filter and added new HY-GARD transmission and hydraulic oil. Three point still in stuck position. When I move the lever, I can hear the arms on the three point trying to work (high pitch sound coming from rear), but, does not. I need some assistance if anyone has knowledge on this tractor.
Thank you
Pete :greentractorride:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have the same 655 and you stated that you changed the fluid and filter. Could it be possible that there may be an air pocket?

Reactions: Phout

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good afternoon,

I too have a 655 but haven’t encountered this (yet). I echo previous comments - ensure all air is out of the system and that you have filled the sump with the correct amount of fluid (should register on the stick). I’d also close and open the rate of drop valve and then lower the rock shaft level as you tomorrow would to lower the 3pt hitch and then with the machine off gently press down on the lift arms and see if she’ll budge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Phout

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
You might check the "rate of rise" knob under the front of the seat. If that gets turned too far, the 3pt will not drop. That happened to my neighbor on his Kubota. He was fiddling around with things and turned that knob, then called me because his 3pt arms would not drop.

Dave

Reactions: Toughsox and Phout

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might check the "rate of rise" knob under the front of the seat. If that gets turned too far, the 3pt will not drop. That happened to my neighbor on his Kubota. He was fiddling around with things and turned that knob, then called me because his 3pt arms would not drop.

Dave
That was the issue, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts