Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new 673 tiller. I tried to adjust the skid shoes on both sides. The skid shoe on the side where the chain drive is hit the frame before aligning with the lowest hole. Therefore I can not adjust it to the deepest setting. Does anyone have this tiller and will it reach all the hole settings. If so can you send me a picture. Thank you
55AA5C77-B308-4432-8C10-D6179F2FCCE6.jpeg

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Is the other mount for the shoe fixed? Or is there a bolt you could loosen to try and get the amount of adjustment you need?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the other mount for the shoe fixed? Or is there a bolt you could loosen to try and get the amount of adjustment you need?
The other one is just like this side. Both sides are adjustable. The other side I can use all the adjustment holes

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Back to the dealer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back to the dealer?
They put it together at my dealership. First the lower three point hitch brackets were upside down and to far apart for my I match quick hitch. So I’m thinking they never checked it out. They need to pick it up and deliver it back. It will cost me $150 each way. If I pay them or my time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They put it together at my dealership. First the lower three point hitch brackets were upside down and to far apart for my I match quick hitch. So I’m thinking they never checked it out. They need to pick it up and deliver it back. It will cost me $150 each way. If I pay them or my time.
Anyone know where the JD 673 tiller is made?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The other one is just like this side. Both sides are adjustable. The other side I can use all the adjustment holes
Not the other shoe, the forward bolt on the shoe you're having an issue with. Would loosening it give you the slack you need?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you tried reversing the shoe? Or switching sides with them?
Then they would stick in to far and interfere with the tines. The reason I asked was my JD dealer started saying something about maybe on this model they redesign it unit or shoes and they are not meant to use the last hole. I don’t believe that. I just want to be ready to show him proof that they are designed to use that setting

·
Registered
148 Posts
Everything is new including the powdercoating,
Spray it with a little of your favorite lube and then give it a whack with a BFH !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everything is new including the powdercoating,
Spray it with a little of your favorite lube and then give it a whack with a BFH !
I would but as you can see from this photo the shoe is hitting the bottom of the frame. And it need to go up 1/4 to half inch. Don’t think I can hit it that hard.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Would your dealer order up a new left side skid I’ll bet the bend in the skid is off. Just a thought, or the height adjustment holes are off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts