Green Tractor Talk banner

Is $2,800 a good deal for both of those implements (including shipping)?

• Yes, great deal! Don't look back!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, not just a good deal...

Votes: 0 0.0%

John Deere 7000 w/ Liquid Fertilizer and Row Cultivator

8K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Brian 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Been doing some looking around, and think I've settled in for a John Deere 7000 2-row planter setup on 26", with a liquid fertilizer system and then also a row cultivator setup the same.

All of this is refurbished and custom built by a guy in Illinois, total package for both including shipping is $2,800 -- does that seem reasonable for all of this? :thumbup1gif:

#4 ·
I believe he is about 16 miles south-east of Bloomington. He seems like a stand-up guy; has items on ebay. Said he just built a new shop, and from the sounds of it he has tons of experience upgrading, repairing, and restoring these rigs.

I'm not sure what other plates the planter will come with; but it's not the model 71, it's the 7000 unit -- which from his description is a bit more complex than the 71 with the transmission, but it also has more advantages and accuracy than the 71.

#5 ·
Alright, thats the guy down by LeRoy. I have a neighbor 1/2 mile from me that builds them too.. He mostly does 8-12 row spiltter planters. Takes a 8 row 30" and rebuilds them to 15 row 15". He does build a few 2 and 3 row 3pts every year but kinda a by order only.

#7 ·
Well, got the planter.. had to do some work on it -- welded some plate to drop the 3 point hitch attachment points down about 6"; my tractor wouldn't raise the planter off of the ground far enough when it's level -- making a turn would run the closing wheels into the ground or drag.

Still had some issues with it planting, even after trying to adjust the down pressure springs and run a full tank of water for weight on the toolbar -- but, all in all I suppose we will see how well it works in a few weeks once the corn starts to show.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

Reactions: Herminator
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.