Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 7130 works fine except a new light flashing. It's under the steering wheel and I think normally is for glow plugs but it started flashing under heavy load. I googled it and it said about low fluids or plugged filters so I'm going to check it over but it seems an odd light to flash for those issues.

·
Registered
971 Posts
That light has 2 purposes. It lights when glow plugs are on and it also lights when there is an error code in the engine system. Could be water in fuel filter, clogged filter, a bad sensor or any one of many things. Also be sure to check coolant level since it is only occurring under load. The After-cooler is prone to getting air locked and causing intake air to get too hot under load. Fill the transparent tank on radiator as full as you can get it and then recheck it after it runs a while. Even if coolant level is at lower side of normal range, it can cause this problem. If there is no obvious problem, you will need to pull codes from computer to see what is causing the flashing light.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Would a plugged air filter cause it?

That light has 2 purposes. It lights when glow plugs are on and it also lights when there is an error code in the engine system. Could be water in fuel filter, clogged filter, a bad sensor or any one of many things. Also be sure to check coolant level since it is only occurring under load. The After-cooler is prone to getting air locked and causing intake air to get too hot under load. Fill the transparent tank on radiator as full as you can get it and then recheck it after it runs a while. Even if coolant level is at lower side of normal range, it can cause this problem. If there is no obvious problem, you will need to pull codes from computer to see what is causing the flashing light.
I know absolutely nothing about that tractor but wondered if a dirty air filter could also cause the error?

At least the problems seems to be consistent- I hate a random issue on my vehicles. Thankfully, our tractors are so old they don't have computers. . .

Treefarmer

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have 2 without computers, so nice! I cleaned and checked all the things that could possibly cause it. Most were ok but could have been bad enough to set off a picky sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts