Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post! I have enjoyed the questions and answers and now it is time for mine...

I bought a John Deere 750 with 67 loader, 359 blower, 35 blade, 160 belly mower, and a nice solid cozy cab. All was great until I went to remove the mower deck and found that the middle mounting hole on the engine (right side) was sheared off - see pic. Of course I did not notice and the seller did not disclose. So, here I sit - as they say, buyer beware.

I was looking through forums and it looks like I could have someone do some cast welding but has anyone had something like this done? Do I have to remove the whole engine to have it done? I realize they put three bolts on this side, the other side and four on the bottom for a reason and I do not want to do any more damage if I can avoid it...

Thank you in advance for any ideas!

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,928 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

That's a pretty major repair. I looked on JDParts.com and it looks like the housing isn't available as there was no p/n listed. It did have this number in the notes, CH14754, but that turned up no results either. My suggestion is to take this photo and possible more to a good local welding shop and talk with them. See what they can do and what they recommend.

:wgtt:

·
Administrator
21,603 Posts
Welcome!

I can't tell from the picture how deep the hole(s) are? It looks like there is still some threads in the bottom?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome!

I can't tell from the picture how deep the hole(s) are? It looks like there is still some threads in the bottom?
Thank you for your reply Kennyd - there are still some threads but nothing that will really hold anything. The hole is about 2 inches into the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That's a pretty major repair. I looked on JDParts.com and it looks like the housing isn't available as there was no p/n listed. It did have this number in the notes, CH14754, but that turned up no results either. My suggestion is to take this photo and possible more to a good local welding shop and talk with them. See what they can do and what they recommend.

:wgtt:
Thank you for your reply Jason. Yes, I will have to take it to a local welding shop and hope... In the mean time, I am hoping that someone has experienced a repair of this type and can give me some tips. The idea of replacing the engine is...well...yikes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts