Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 855 john Deere with the battery in the front and fuel tank behind the dash. I cant figure out why the steering has no power. I have checked the steering valve, PRV valve and it it getting oil but just hard to turn. It turns good with a counter weight on the rear but that's because it takes the weight off the front. Does anyone have any advice? Oil levels are good, rockshaft and 3pt work good, transmission is sound. just no power steering and i believe my loader is also slow so it come back to the PRV valve. But i checked all the valves in the loader valve coup and no blockage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You cleaned the screen for hydraulics?

Possible the seals in steering cyl are leaking internally.

Do you have a copy of repair manual??..if not I can post a link here in a bit
I have all the books. The screen is good in the rear. Well that was one thought but I got to try my loader. If the loader is fast my cylinder may be the issue but if it's slow then it goes back to pressure I'm thinking. I just don't have a pleasure Guage at the moment to check the valves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.