Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , Do any of you guys have any John Deere belt buckles ? I am looking for one that will fit a 1 1/4 belt . All so love photos . Thanks :thumbup1gif:

:greentractorride:

Registered
I've got a half a crap load of older ones. I'll get them out at some point and post some pictures. Mine are prior to 1984.

Administrator
I've got a half a crap load of older ones. I'll get them out at some point and post some pictures. Mine are prior to 1984.
You selling?

Registered
You selling?
If you were to ask my wife, she would say, hell yes; sell that crap.

Asking me, I would say, you never know when you might want to wear a limited edition, plated two legged deer buckle. Of course, I have had it since the early eighties and never worn it, but you never know. :dunno:

I'll get some pictures up so you all can see them.

Registered
OK, here are pictures of some of my belt buckles. My photo skills are in the crapper and I think they will appear upside down. So, if one of the moderators could flip them, I would appreciate it. Most of these buckles are from the mid seventies to the very early eighties. I threw in a couple others, just because I like them.

Buckles 1.jpg

The one in the top right is a John Deere Cotton Picker. The only one I ever saw in person was at the Port of Thessoliniki, Greece. Found it by accident. We were doing some stuff and I had to pee. Stepped behind a container and there was a JD Cotton Picker. Thought I was home. The wear points on the two-legged deer buckle are from rubbing against the edge of the parts counter (my favorite place in the dealership).

Buckles 2.jpg

I like the original "Nothing Runs Like a Deere" logo much better than the modern one on the top left. The bronze tractor in the second row is not an official JD buckle but is made to resemble an 850 or 950. I put the Stihl in for the Stihl fans on here. Fox and Gehl were big names in forage equipment at one time. Where the hell did the middle one in the bottom row come from? Someone must have stuck the IHC in my collection as a joke. :laugh:

Buckles 3.jpg

These are miscellaneous buckles. I believe the one in the top left corner is a Harley-Davidson. Am I right? I've got a couple Ruger buckles. The lower left is a POW-MIA buckle. Sorry, this picture didn't come out too well. Lower right is one of my favorites. I have no idea where the Cutty Sark buckle came from.

Buckle 4.jpg

This one is the one that was the most difficult to earn the right to wear.

Administrator
Got you all set there sir! :thumbup1gif:

I like your collection. If you decide to part with one or two, I know a fella in TN who'd might be interested too!. :mocking: (pssst. His name rhymes with dieselshadow. :lol: )

Registered
Got you all set there sir! :thumbup1gif:

I like your collection. If you decide to part with one or two, I know a fella in TN who'd might be interested too!. :mocking: (pssst. His name rhymes with dieselshadow. :lol: )
Thanks, Jason. That is an odd name. I have a friend who has a friend named dieselshadow.:laugh:

Administrator
Thanks, Jason. That is an odd name. I have a friend who has a friend named dieselshadow.:laugh:
I know the guy. He's a butt. But his friend is pretty cool. :thumbup1gif:

Administrator
Hey I asked first...and I have cool stuff to trade :good2:

Great collection Don, that is really cool!

ETA:
I call dibs on this one:
Buckles 2.jpg

Premium Member

ETA:
I call dibs on this one:

Down Boy!

Nice collection Don!

Registered

ETA:
I call dibs on this one:
View attachment 178394
I will have to make an addition to my will. HOWEVER, I might consider a late model Duramax in trade. :laugh:

I have some more buckles, but I have to dig them out and get pictures.

Administrator

Registered
DRobinson, Do you have any that I could wear with sweat pants, 5/16" rope?
Let me check my stock.

Nope, we're all out. I think they are NLA. :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts