Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I was attaching casters to a mobile base for my new blast cabinet. I had mistakenly purchased 1/4 x 1" bolts, when I should have purchased 1/4" x 3/4". As I was clipping the ends off the bolts to make them the right length, it occurred to me that some here may have an interest in the tool I was using given that it's branded Deere and all. :thumbup1gif:

The tool has a Deere part number TY3459 which did not return a google hit. However I was able to return a hit from one of patent numbers - 3716879.

One side has several SAE threaded holes and an a couple of cutter slots. Install the bolt through the threaded hole, clip the extra off. When the bolt is unscrewed through the tool threads, it fixes the ones that get wrecked during the cut-off. The whole tool is about 18" long.

IMG_20171028_164538.jpg IMG_20171028_164626.jpg

·
Registered
913 Posts
Might you be missing a number? All the John Deere branded hand tools I see on line seem to have TY followed by a 5-digit number.

Never mind. I saw some used Deere tools on ebay with 4 digit TY's,

Reactions: Fozsey and Robnik

·
Registered
1 Posts
This afternoon I was attaching casters to a mobile base for my new blast cabinet. I had mistakenly purchased 1/4 x 1" bolts, when I should have purchased 1/4" x 3/4". As I was clipping the ends off the bolts to make them the right length, it occurred to me that some here may have an interest in the tool I was using given that it's branded Deere and all. :thumbup1gif:

The tool has a Deere part number TY3459 which did not return a google hit. However I was able to return a hit from one of patent numbers - 3716879.

One side has several SAE threaded holes and an a couple of cutter slots. Install the bolt through the threaded hole, clip the extra off. When the bolt is unscrewed through the tool threads, it fixes the ones that get wrecked during the cut-off. The whole tool is about 18" long.

View attachment 478810 View attachment 478818
I am interested in your tool if it is still available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts