Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgot I had this video.. This is at one of my mowing contracts.. Spring of 2014.. Short and very professional video. :eek:hmy:

[video]http://vid270.photobucket.com/albums/jj102/NEWT92/VID_20130402_153514_572_zpsghl78cks.mp4[/video]

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Dethatching?? Getting winter gravel off the grass??

I think I want a front broom....

-J.

Reactions: NEWT and gbnpp05

·
Registered
796 Posts
If that thing removes gravel while leaving the grass intact, I need one after what the snow blower did this winter. Of course, it'd probably just throw the gravel clean over the driveway to the grass on the other side :lol:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dethatching?? Getting winter gravel off the grass??

I think I want a front broom....

-J.
Relocating gravel back to drive after winter snow removal.

If that thing removes gravel while leaving the grass intact, I need one after what the snow blower did this winter. Of course, it'd probably just throw the gravel clean over the driveway to the grass on the other side :lol:
I'll video some more this week. It does work slick.. The older 51 brooms don't throw the rocks but more like windrow them. The 52 brooms throw them.. Takes some practice and throttle control and angling to keep them in narrow drives.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I've been thinking about a broom for just this purpose.

You've answered that question.

I'm thinking about a 3PT broom though. :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: BigJim55 and NEWT

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Nice.:good2:
I would of thought it would rip the grass out as well.

Reactions: NEWT

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Don't for get, it takes care of snow as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I have been thinking about the broom for the last couple of months too. I just wish that it was made for the H120 loader instead of having to remove parts of the autoconnect to hook it up. Poor design from the engineers on that one. I have seen where there is a mod, but not sure I fully understand how it works. I have been researching using a Hydraulic driven broom, even if I had to add an extra pump off the 3pt it would provide the power and flexibility I want.

My interest is mid removal from driveway and also a fter mowing cleanup.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Nice video! There are a couple of guys around here that do the same to clean off their lawns in the spring. Does the broom use the same front quick hitch as the snow blower / blade?

Reactions: BigJim55 and NEWT

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Relocating gravel back to drive after winter snow removal.

I'll video some more this week. It does work slick.. The older 51 brooms don't throw the rocks but more like windrow them. The 52 brooms throw them.. Takes some practice and throttle control and angling to keep them in narrow drives.
Haha!!!

I win!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I have been thinking about the broom for the last couple of months too. I just wish that it was made for the H120 loader instead of having to remove parts of the autoconnect to hook it up. Poor design from the engineers on that one. I have seen where there is a mod, but not sure I fully understand how it works. I have been researching using a Hydraulic driven broom, even if I had to add an extra pump off the 3pt it would provide the power and flexibility I want.

My interest is mid removal from driveway and also a fter mowing cleanup.
It's doable, but a big job that's somewhat expensive.... I've planned one all out for my 4720....

-J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's some serious sweeping NEWT! Damn, that is getting 'er done! :clapping:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has anyone used the de-thatcher attachment for the 52 broom? How does that work?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Has anyone used the de-thatcher attachment for the 52 broom? How does that work?
Huh! Isn't the broom a de-thatcher already? :unknown: I am unaware of any additional attachment for dethatching at least on the 60 broom. There is a heavy duty wheel option.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Huh! Isn't the broom a de-thatcher already? :unknown: I am unaware of any additional attachment for dethatching at least on the 60 broom. There is a heavy duty wheel option.
There is another set of gauge wheels that mount to the parking stand tube.. You get gauge wheels that run along side or in line with the bristles. Never seen any in person but would like to have some..

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
There is another set of gauge wheels that mount to the parking stand tube.. You get gauge wheels that run along side or in line with the bristles. Never seen any in person but would like to have some..
So it's a 51 broom option? I am unaware of an option like this for the 60, other than the heavy duty wheels.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi
1 - 20 of 26 Posts