Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

Would anyone please be able to help out with this? I found exactly the same problem with my 105. First it wouldn't turn off after being used. We had to pull the spark plug to shut it down. Now it won't start back up at all. I thought it was a faulty ignition switch, but after changing it out, it still won't start, lights won't come on either. I don't see anywhere that the wire could have come out of.

Thanks very much

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have no idea if this is correct or not, but it looks like from the wiring diagram there is a black wire coming off the ground side battery terminal. Did that break off from there ?

Rectangle Schematic Font Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have no idea if this is correct or not, but it looks like from the wiring diagram there is a black wire coming off the ground side battery terminal. Did that break off from there ?

View attachment 847165
Thanks very much for your reply. It looks like the black wire coming off of the terminal is still attached. This is a smaller wire and it is in the bundle of wires coming off of the ignition switch. When I found it detached, it was lying right next to the white and purple wires that go into the clutch switch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looking at the diagram, it looks like the only two black wires that are near the key switch (and clutch switch) goes to the hour meter and acc plug. Are those working ? From what I can see from the drawing, these two black wires starting point is the key switch, so maybe it came from there? Also, did you check the 20 amp fuse - that would stop the tractor from starting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking at the diagram, it looks like the only two black wires that are near the key switch (and clutch switch) goes to the hour meter and acc plug. Are those working ? From what I can see from the drawing, these two black wires starting point is the key switch, so maybe it came from there? Also, did you check the 20 amp fuse - that would stop the tractor from starting.
Thanks very much. The hour meter does work. My tractor doesn't have an acc plug, and the fuse is good. Here's a picture of it if that helps.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Tread Automotive exterior

·
Super Moderator
7,084 Posts
Thanks very much. The hour meter does work. My tractor doesn't have an acc plug, and the fuse is good. Here's a picture of it if that helps. View attachment 847175
My D160 has the same wire with the same connector. It connects to the battery ground wire. On mine, the battery ground comes off the battery and bolts to the frame right below where your finger is in your pic. That wire connects to the ground lug that is bolted to the frame.

Reactions: MartaCP

·
Registered
34 Posts
My D160 has the same wire with the same connector. It connects to the battery ground wire. On mine, the battery ground comes off the battery and bolts to the frame right below where your finger is in your pic. That wire connects to the ground lug that is bolted to the frame.
I think you may be right ! That would make sense if connector that the wire is coming out of is X2.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Maybe try to replace the fuse and see what happens. I have had it happen before with a pin ball machine where the fuse looked good but turned out to be bad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was on YouTube and saw this video. If you look at around the 3:30 mark, I think you can see your wire. It is hard to see but it almost looks like it goes through a grommet with the - battery cable to below the deck (or maybe a ground screw as it is hard to see). Maybe this might help ?

·
Super Moderator
7,084 Posts
I was on YouTube and saw this video. If you look at around the 3:30 mark, I think you can see your wire. It is hard to see but it almost looks like it goes through a grommet with the - battery cable to below the deck (or maybe a ground screw as it is hard to see). Maybe this might help ?
That's what I thought at first when I chased it on mine but there is no grommet. The "grommet" is the bolt that connects the battery cable to the chassis/frame.

Reactions: MartaCP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Makes sense - it is tough to tell for sure by the video.
I saw that video also after it was suggested that the wire was actually a grounding wire. There isn't a grommet at all. Just the bolt. What we did was unscrew the bolt, strip back and attach the loose wire to the end of the grounding wire off of the battery, and then secure them both with the bolt. Still won't work at all. Not even the headlights. Did I attach that incorrectly?

·
Super Moderator
7,084 Posts
If you look really close at the lug in that pic where the black battery wire connects to the lug, you can see the broken strands of wire just to the right of the battery cable where that other black wire used to connect.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts