Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need as much information as I can get. I'm resurrecting an old F910 (85 model from what I gather) and don't have squat except the engine book.

Anyone got any information to share? Operators manual, maintenance manual, Parts book? I need .pdfs if possible. I can get to Deere's website and look up some stuff on the parts diagrams, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
thos things are kind of oddball machines. If you want to pull the engine you have to take the whole thing apart-literally.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just checked on ebay and they operator and technical manuals listed by multiple venders for the model you are looking for. Someone might have a PDF version but most of the time the files are too big to send via email. Your best luck might be spending a little cash and getting the tech manual. Owners manual you can find right on the john deere site in digital format to view if so desired.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
manuals

I can't find the owner's manual on JD. can you send me a link?

I'll take what I can get as far as the other stuff. right now considering rewiring the works if I have to.

Just checked on ebay and they operator and technical manuals listed by multiple venders for the model you are looking for. Someone might have a PDF version but most of the time the files are too big to send via email. Your best luck might be spending a little cash and getting the tech manual. Owners manual you can find right on the john deere site in digital format to view if so desired.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I foolishly bought the Tech Manual from JD for over $250, then found it on eBay for $50!!

It doesnt have much for electrical, which is a suprise.

I dont know if I need to start a new thread for this.

Mine has a lever to engage the magnetic clutch to operate the mower. When it's cold, the lever stays in palce fine. As it gets warmer though, it wont catch when trying to engage it.

Anyone know if there's a wiring diagram or diagnostics for that?

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
I foolishly bought the Tech Manual from JD for over $250, then found it on eBay for $50!!

It doesnt have much for electrical, which is a suprise.

I dont know if I need to start a new thread for this.

Mine has a lever to engage the magnetic clutch to operate the mower. When it's cold, the lever stays in palce fine. As it gets warmer though, it wont catch when trying to engage it.

Anyone know if there's a wiring diagram or diagnostics for that?
I think you need a CTM for electrical troubleshooting. It’s a separate manual from the service manual. I just followed wires rather than buying one.

The magnetic holder is a coil like a pto. Check the resistance. If it works cold then not hot it sounds like a failing coil. There was no adjustment on my f911. If you hold the pto on to get the job done you’ll blow a dpdt switch that’s a royal PITA to change.

Everything is located under the seat and control panel.

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Thanks for the info.
I assume you're talking about the $700 dollar belt driven magnet?
What's CTM stand for?
No, the small magnet that holds the pto lever engaged.

The pto just blows the dpdt switch when it wears out. Then the lever releases. I changed that switch 4 times before I got mine all straightened out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now that I'm thinking about it;
There's a magnet controlled by the DPDT relay?
Should I asume the relay would go bad before the magnet? Seeings how it holds the lever fine when cold.

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Now that I'm thinking about it;
There's a magnet controlled by the DPDT relay?
Should I asume the relay would go bad before the magnet? Seeings how it holds the lever fine when cold.
When the relay fails its terminal and your pto would never turn on until it’s fixed. The magnet on the other hand heats up until it fails, then works again when cool.

I’m not advocating replacing parts as a method of troubleshooting. Check resistance, then check for proper signal voltage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When the relay fails its terminal and your pto would never turn on until it’s fixed. The magnet on the other hand heats up until it fails, then works again when cool.

I’m not advocating replacing parts as a method of troubleshooting. Check resistance, then check for proper signal voltage.
I know what you mean by throwing parts at it.
I think you've got me covered.
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Electro Magnet

Rydpirs,
I believe I located the magnet. Kind of hard to get to.
I'm not understanding how it physically holds the lever in place, as nothing but 2 wires are coming out of it. Unless that's not it. I assumed it'd actually be a magnet holding a linkage.
Because of the heavy hydraulic hoses, it's hard to trace the lever linkage. I believe it turns and goes under that battery.
Thanks in advance.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,078 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found It

I got off my ass, got underneath and found how the linkage connects to the electro magnet. I put 12 volts to it and it barely held my screwdriver.

Looking for a new magnet.

Are there people on this site selling parts?

Thanks to all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts