Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me that JD has got a new SCV out that is supposed to cure this problem. They have one on order for me. It just came out. So all you guys having the same problem with the bucket or forks dropping when you try to feather the curl back need to get with your dealer.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
If someone gets a p/n or JD PIP or DTAC number, please post it for others to reference.:good2:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Is it conceivable that this will also cure the floppy bucket when back dragging?

Is there a correlation between floppy bucket and bucket droop on curl or are those two separate issues?

·
Administrator
17,301 Posts
Is it conceivable that this will also cure the floppy bucket when back dragging?

Is there a correlation between floppy bucket and bucket droop on curl or are those two separate issues?
No, and no.

From an earlier post I made:

1) FBS or "Floppy Bucket Syndrome". This is the byproduct of the regen function. Usually noticed while trying to grade or back-drag with the cutting edge of the bucket, the bucket will move, almost like there is air in the hydraulics. This can be cured by operation the joystick left or right until the bucket stops moving, then holding it there for a few more seconds. This is not really a warranty issue as there is nothing really wrong. Some dealers ave added a "kit" to correct this issue per a DTAC, but its only a restrictor to slow the fluid down as is escapes the cylinders.

2) DBS or "Droopy Bucket Syndrome". This this when you move the joystick left to curl the bucket up and it drops first before moving up. Absolutely a warranty and safety problem, and this is why JD is working on a new valve for these machines since the "load checks" are apparently not working in the current design.

I hope this helps clear up some confusion.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
I merged the two threads together for easier reference.:good2:

Also made this a "sticky" thread.:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
The solution also references to make sure the engine is being operated at rated speed. 3200 rpms. Everybody doing that?
First time in all my experience with hydraulic equipment that I have ever heard that. Engine speed should not be a factor in FEL operation except:

Speed of function
Strength of function

Feathering a function should "feather it", not operate in the opposite direction. In my possibly uneducated opinion a "Floppy Bucket" while lifting a load and adjusting the angle of the curl AND "Floppy Bucket" while backblading is the exact same failure of the SCV operation. Hydraulics by their very nature are not supposed to leak fluid through a spool to or from either side of a cylinder piston no matter what the lever position. You should never get "down" when you input "up" to any hydraulic circuit and that's "black" and "white".

If I had a correctly operating piece of equipment that DEVELOPED this symptom I'd be looking at O-rings and piston seals and fluid leaking internally in the circuit.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
HH,
The ref to rated speed is so you have a standard to work from. All the pressure and flow tests are done at rated speed and fluid at operating temperature. There are the weird few that may call out idle speed but very few.

·
Registered
768 Posts
This just seems like a bunch of crap and not what I was expecting to hear. Having the engine screaming away at full throttle when trying to be delicate and pick something out of the bed of a pickup truck or make a slow and steady move will make the hydraulics jerky, not to mention just bothersome with all that RPM. Sounds like a way to get around doing the SCV upgrade on machines that may be on the border of needing the updated SCV at slower speeds. Does Kubota, MF, New Holland, etc. have this requirement? I've seen a friend/neighbor with his Massey SCUT pick up whatever with forks, bucket, tooth bar at idle all the time. I'll have to ask him if he has a bucket drop on curl issue.

My 1026 doesn't seem to have this issue at this time (whether at idle or full throttle), but if it develops, I'm not going to be happy and having to run the engine at max rpm to Band-Aid it (if that even remedies the problem) just so Deere doesn't have to put the updated SCV in unacceptable. I know this may be a little exaggerated, but it would be kind of like the engine builder of the new 331 for my Fox Chassis Mustang telling me that if it starts rapping at idle after 2,000 miles and it goes away above 1,500 rpms, just don't let it idle and it'll be fine!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just heard from my dealer - they already have the replacement valves on order for their customers, and will come out and install it when it comes in. :good2: I looked up the PN on JDparts, and it looks like it comes with a replacement boot and something called a "lock kit". Here's hoping it's a plug and play, and no hydraulic line modification is needed. Anyone physically seen or had installed the new valve yet?

·
Registered
38 Posts
NEW SCV's on order

Spoke with my dealer yesterday. He's got me one on order as well. I'm really looking forward to the reported results from everyone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Obviously this is a safety issue. As such why isn't Deere doing a recall and switching out the SCV without individual dealer orders for specific owners. This isn't the right way for Deere to handle this IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Well they replaced my SCV when in for warranty work in May but the problem is the same or worse. I have yet to get it resolved. I have to agree that the statement of ensuring the tractor is working at rated speed is pure BS. Give me a break, if I am running at 2,000 RPM I have a risk of dumping a load and possibly killing someone because of a design flaw so I should be sure to run at 3,200 to keep from dumping the load..... and I am supposed to trust this????

Ok Doug, breath deep, count to ten, go outside and enjoy the summer, breath deep. :empathy:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I contacted my dealer today for this very issue, mine drops at 3200rpms with the bucket loaded. They are coming out tomorrow for a charge of $115.00. Is this right ! Are they suppose to charge to come out to fix a warranty issue?

1 - 20 of 541 Posts