Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this spreader recently at The Hancock Shaker Village Museum near Pittsfield, Mass. Thought you might find this of interest!

• :greentractorride:

Attachments

Registered
Nice!

It is either a late model W or N. I think the W was a 95 bushel, but I can't remember the capacity of the N (maybe 110 bushel). The W was a PTO version of the model R.

Premium Member
Looks like the "N" dad bought new to replace the "H", big difference!

Registered
Nice!

It is either a late model W or N. I think the W was a 95 bushel, but I can't remember the capacity of the N (maybe 110 bushel). The W was a PTO version of the model R.
Dad had an R. It was one of the implements that he would have loved to have been bigger...MUCH BIGGER, but we needed a narrow spreader to fit down the aisle of the hog house. Ten years after Dad quit farming a skid steer would have given that building a new lease on life, being able to clean the thing with a machine as opposed to a shovel. The hog house was about 100 foot long by 20 foot wide and the aisle was only 70 inches wide with 4x4 posts every six feet along the aisle.

Neighbor I helped had a pair of Deere #44 spreaders. They weren't that much longer than the R but were much wider. With heaped loads they could haul about twice as much as the R.

Registered
It's on the pic
I have to get new glasses. I couldn't read the serial number plate. Thanks for posting.

It makes me feel good to see posts on here that concern old equipment that I worked on as a kid.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts