Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through one of my dad's old hard drives and came across my late brother's pictures from when he was doing IT contractor work in Iraq. In one shot there is a John Deere 6 wheeler.
100_0887.JPG

My brother Mike
100_0911.JPG

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Looks like they have a modern out house to go along with the JD.

Sorry about your brother. What happened to him?

·
Premium Member
13,933 Posts
looks like they have a modern out house to go along with the jd.

x2 !!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Post-op complications following a heart valve replacement back in 2012.

Mike had a great job, doing server upgrades for Dept of State and Dept of Defense. Usually did work at US Embassies around the world, but did end up in Iraq a few times.

We had a neighbor when we were growing up at Quantico (our dad was a Marine) who ended up joining and was involved in either the training or dispatching of the embassy details. He would make arrangements with the local detail whenever my brother would be there doing their IT stuff. The detail would show Mike around, kind of like personal travel guides.

He got a lot of great pictures, especially in Africa. I was thinking of posting some of those in the "critter" thread, but that might be pushing the spirit of the thread.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Post-op complications following a heart valve replacement back in 2012.

Mike had a great job, doing server upgrades for Dept of State and Dept of Defense. Usually did work at US Embassies around the world, but did end up in Iraq a few times.

We had a neighbor when we were growing up at Quantico (our dad was a Marine) who ended up joining and was involved in either the training or dispatching of the embassy details. He would make arrangements with the local detail whenever my brother would be there doing their IT stuff. The detail would show Mike around, kind of like personal travel guides.

He got a lot of great pictures, especially in Africa. I was thinking of posting some of those in the "critter" thread, but that might be pushing the spirit of the thread.
Sorry you all had to lose him that way.

This is a small world we live in. Granted for me it was back in '74 through'76 but I was at 5 different Embassies, worked at 3 of them as a Marine guard. The Embassies I worked at was Nicosia, Cyprus--Libreville, Gabon Africa and Mexico City, Mexico. If he hung around the Marines I'm sure they showed him a good time. 'Course back then most of the computers were in communications. Sounds like Mike had a higher security level then TS. I believe you on him having a great job. I had a great job but his was a lot better then mine.
Semper Fi!!

·
Premium Member
13,933 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your brother, sounds like he had great life and a great job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts