Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My L130 never starts the first time. Every time I start it, it will start fine, then die and I have to wait at least 30 min to start it but only with no choke and full throttle.
If I pull the air filter gas pours out showing the engine is flooded, hence why I have to wait 30 minutes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
That’s odd to say the least mine has never done anything remotely similar...

How are you trying to starting it the first time? The manual says, and mine usually starts fairly well even after a week, at half throttle and full choke. I usually try and throw the throttle and choke open and closed several times and let them rest on full for a moment then draw the throttle back to half and turn they key. If it doesn’t start after 10-15 seconds I wait a minute and it usually fires right up.

How is your maintenance on the plugs and fuel filter, change them recently? Is the gas fresh?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Sounds like have a carb problem. The float needle is not seating to shut off the fuel flow. Also check and make sure you don't have gas in your crankcase. Check your oil level.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Sounds like have a carb problem. The float needle is not seating to shut off the fuel flow. Also check and make sure you don't have gas in your crankcase. Check your oil level.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Listen to x, he knows and works in this stuff every day!

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
You probley have a stuck float in the Carb. You may have gas in your oil too depending on how the carb sits if it can flow into the engine before coming out onto the ground. Next time turn the fuel off and start it then turn it on. Sometimes you can keep up with the leaking float till you can fix the problem. I have had a few stick including my 18 HP Engine. I ordered a new Carb for be here Monday. Been running it that way for a year now. We don't mow much around here. For $35.00 I will put a new one on instead of trying to fix it being 30 plus years old. The new gas sure takes a toll on our stuff! Now I only buy Alcohol Free Fuel for my small engines and also run it in my 79 454 Chevy Truck. They have cheap repair parts for the older engines now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts