Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have a John Deere L115 and noticed that the fuel pump is leaking. I see it's attached by some plastic tab type things and I'm not sure how to get them off without breaking them.

How do I remove the fuel pump without breaking the tabs?

EDIT

So I figured it out by just using a flat head screw driver and prying out the tabs with no issues. However, I have one more question - I believe the fuel pump is leaking oil. It's not overfilled and from what I've seen from Google, this could mean a serious problem, such as a blown head gasket. Am I really in trouble here?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a John Deere L115 and noticed that the fuel pump is leaking. I see it's attached by some plastic tab type things and I'm not sure how to get them off without breaking them.

How do I remove the fuel pump without breaking the tabs?

EDIT

So I figured it out by just using a flat head screw driver and prying out the tabs with no issues. However, I have one more question - I believe the fuel pump is leaking oil. It's not overfilled and from what I've seen from Google, this could mean a serious problem, such as a blown head gasket. Am I really in trouble here?
The fuel pump uses crankcase pressure to pump the fuel. As the pistons go up and down it sends pulse to the pump through the hose. If the pump is physically leaking that could be your whole problem. Is it leaking oil or fuel?
If the pump is just leaking massive amounts of oil it's a good chance that the head gasket is bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts