Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Finished mowing last night, parked my M. When down to the orchard today to bring back tractor - nothing... I grabbed a battery and jumper cables. Nothing. Turned on headlights, as bright as can be. So, I'm getting nothing to the starter. Any ideas? Got dark quick and had to quit. So now I'm just thinking what my issue would be....

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
11 Posts
DId you pull the spark plugs & try to roll it over? I donhave an M, but my AR has loaded up on fuel & can't push it out. Just a thought. Kevin

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I got home from work today, grabbed some tools and headed down to the tractor. Tried to start again, no luck. But I did notice a spark at the starter switch. Took it all apart, was pretty rusty, wired brushed it all down, filed all of it a bit for a good contact and put it back together and she started right up! So the starter issue is resolved. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
So I got home from work today, grabbed some tools and headed down to the tractor. Tried to start again, no luck. But I did notice a spark at the starter switch. Took it all apart, was pretty rusty, wired brushed it all down, filed all of it a bit for a good contact and put it back together and she started right up! So the starter issue is resolved. Thanks
Clean, bright and tight! A great place to start for electrical issues. Glad you got it going! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm not familiar with an M tractor but from your post you mentioned that you turned the headlights on and they were bright. Did you try starting it with the headlights on? That is a way to determine if its the starter or battery in an automobile. If you try to start it with the headlights on, if the lights dim then its the battery. If the lights stay bright then you have a starter solenoid problem.

Hope that helps

Bob T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts