Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i just bought me a 1948 m and im slowly working on it, the question i have is that the front rims are the original cast iron ones but they had a rough life, pieces broke off at the tire bead, im guessing the tires have tubes in them. Id like to convert it over to hubs and use stamped steel rims but i dont know if it can be done or where to find the hubs at? i seen some at napa but i don't think they'll work.

Registered
Hello everyone i just bought me a 1948 m and im slowly working on it, the question i have is that the front rims are the original cast iron ones but they had a rough life, pieces broke off at the tire bead, im guessing the tires have tubes in them. Id like to convert it over to hubs and use stamped steel rims but i dont know if it can be done or where to find the hubs at? i seen some at napa but i don't think they'll work.
Welcome. You can check JDParts to see if they are still available. Also, check the salvage yards. Steiner Tractor Parts is a good source for older repair parts.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys, ill check them out and see what i can come up with. I might have more questions down the road, for now i ordered the full gasket kit for the engine, it smokes a little out the oil fill i figured it needs a set of rings. Also it has a rough time idleing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts