Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this John Deere Van Brunt 16 x 6 Model B grain drill a couple days ago. Had to put some tires on it to get it home. This is a double disc model. It appears to be in decent shape, but it still needs some work. We plan on using it to overseed pasture's.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,090 Posts
Nice looking model B grain drill. Are you aware that drill is designed to plant seed in tilled soil not established pasture grass?
It's got covering chains, Jim. Wouldn't that indicate that it is used on a prepared seed bed? I don't recall that type drill used on established turf or pasture. Of course, farming methods here in rock country were/are much different than the rest of the country. I notice that it also has the grass seed attachment mounted in the front. It's a good looking piece of equipment for being over 50 years old.

Reactions: Cjet69

·
Registered
12,090 Posts
It will surprise me if those double disk openers when lowered in planting position will leave a mark on the soil in a pasture that can be detected.
I agree with you. I just read again the post that I replied to and found that I had read it wrong. Not the first time I ever did that.:banghead:

Reactions: Cjet69
1 - 6 of 6 Posts