Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed what a royal PiA :banghead: John Deere's numbering of implements and equipment is?

I have been trying to set up web crawlers to find a used John Deere 260 Backhoe to go with my 1025r. A quick search for John Deere 260 or even Deere 260 attachment returns a ton of equipment that has absolutely no bearing on what I want. I've had results for skid steers, mowers, front end loaders, and various other parts and pieces and only two of what I was looking for but the listings were 3 years old.

End of rant.

Is there another number for the 260 backhoe I should be using that will actually work? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Has anyone else noticed what a royal PiA :banghead: John Deere's numbering of implements and equipment is?

I have been trying to set up web crawlers to find a used John Deere 260 Backhoe to go with my 1025r. A quick search for John Deere 260 or even Deere 260 attachment returns a ton of equipment that has absolutely no bearing on what I want. I've had results for skid steers, mowers, front end loaders, and various other parts and pieces and only two of what I was looking for but the listings were 3 years old.

End of rant.

Is there another number for the 260 backhoe I should be using that will actually work? :dunno:
Can't you include the word backhoe to your search ("john deere 260 backhoe") and greatly reduce the fluff?

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Can't you include the word backhoe to your search ("john deere 260 backhoe") and greatly reduce the fluff?
That all fine and dandy in a normal "that makes sense" world but I have found that what you and I call it and what deere calls it can be 2 different things.I've ran across this many times and not having the right terminology turns up "not found".It's probably listed as rear attachment backhoe or hydraulic hole maker,it can be frustrating.

·
Premium Member
14,913 Posts
If you use JD Parts ,,I've only been able to enter a model # such as 260 or 425 ,445 for a JD425 or JD445 LG tractor.

Not saying I right.

Reactions: Levi and DRobinson

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
If you use JD Parts ,,I've only been able to enter a model # such as 260 or 425 ,445 for a JD425 or JD445 LG tractor.

Not saying I right.
I agree regarding jdparts. A crawler is a completely different beast and not limited to the input form on one page. I apologize for the mobile URL: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_crawler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah and the number of sites that sell stuff complicate it further by putting their own terminology on it

Eric Gildersleeve ~ KD7CAO
Krugerville, TX, USA
John Deere 1025r

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah it gets annoying. Everytime I go in the dealership it seems a new person is behind the counter. I ask for parts for a 4010 tractor and they look dumbfounded at me. I have to tell them it is a 1960 John Deere 4010 tractor not a newer compact lawn mower. Same way I have a JD 2510 tractor but a 2520 lawn mower. I have a parts book for most of my equipment so a lot of the time I just copy off the page with a part number and tell them this right here. Gets really bad however when I buy filters in the spring. I have all the numbers wrote down on a piece of paper I sit in front of them. All they have to do is go right down the list. I've still had them mess that up. It's not always the parts guys fault though. On some of them they keep changing the numbers and they don't sub them. My JD Buck 4 wheeler oil filter is one that is bad about that. About every year they change the number to something else and they have to go digging into the computer to find it. Doesn't help they used different filters for that machine.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yeah it gets annoying. Everytime I go in the dealership it seems a new person is behind the counter. I ask for parts for a 4010 tractor and they look dumbfounded at me. I have to tell them it is a 1960 John Deere 4010 tractor not a newer compact lawn mower. Same way I have a JD 2510 tractor but a 2520 lawn mower. I have a parts book for most of my equipment so a lot of the time I just copy off the page with a part number and tell them this right here. Gets really bad however when I buy filters in the spring. I have all the numbers wrote down on a piece of paper I sit in front of them. All they have to do is go right down the list. I've still had them mess that up. It's not always the parts guys fault though. On some of them they keep changing the numbers and they don't sub them. My JD Buck 4 wheeler oil filter is one that is bad about that. About every year they change the number to something else and they have to go digging into the computer to find it. Doesn't help they used different filters for that machine.
You can solve all you parts problems by just ordering them on JDParts. Then just go to the dealer and pick them up. Also, we have a couple of really good vendors here on the forum that will send your parts right to your front door. Check 'em out. :thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts