Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I have a liking to Die-Cast as bad as I do vintage tractors.
I really should have stayed out of this thread. Instigator :laugh: :flag_of_truce:
Sorry, but it would be neat to have one of each number, wouldn't it?

Registered
Sorry, but it would be neat to have one of each number, wouldn't it?
I had a thing for 1/18th scale die cast airplanes. I've got every TEXACO rendition x3 in washing machine cardboard boxes.
Then comes the 1/18th cars, trucks and gas pumps.
I've stayed away from anything die-cast "tractor" related since my collecting the vintage started years ago.
And I'm staying away.

But yes, it would be nice to have at-least ......one of each if you're a collector!!
It's the kid in me. I swear I'm not a hoarder!!

NOT IT!!! :laugh:

Registered
I was into the die-cast so extensively, that I built custom oak displays. Some of them 7ft long and 3ft tall. With Lexan faces to keep those tempted to touch, away.
One day I took the 1/4" Lexan off the fronts of the cases, and put the ones I had displayed, back in their original boxes.

They're nice to look at, but I was in WAY too deep to continue.
I admitted to myself I had a problem that day.

For that, I collect no more.
But anyone that collects, should buy at-least two of everything.:drinks:

Premium Member
I had a thing for 1/18th scale die cast airplanes. I've got every TEXACO rendition x3 in washing machine cardboard boxes.
Then comes the 1/18th cars, trucks and gas pumps.
I've stayed away from anything die-cast "tractor" related since my collecting the vintage started years ago.
And I'm staying away.

But yes, it would be nice to have at-least ......one of each if you're a collector!!
It's the kid in me. I swear I'm not a hoarder!!

NOT IT!!! :laugh:
I also have a hard cased Davey Allison rookie of the year card, not signed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
My oldest boy has Chad Little's autograph on his ID board for his 140, Little was driving the JD car at the time. He also has a number of #17 die casts when it was driven by a better driver.:mocking: Many of those are autographed, as we live less than 10 miles from the Kenseth Museum.

It's good to see JD have a presence in NASCAR. The car will get seen a lot after Stenhouse has a spectacular crash.:lol:

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I was into the die-cast so extensively, that I built custom oak displays. Some of them 7ft long and 3ft tall. With Lexan faces to keep those tempted to touch, away.
One day I took the 1/4" Lexan off the fronts of the cases, and put the ones I had displayed, back in their original boxes.

They're nice to look at, but I was in WAY too deep to continue.
I admitted to myself I had a problem that day.

For that, I collect no more.
But anyone that collects, should buy at-least two of everything.:drinks:
At my age, it's not cost effective to buy collectibles, but I would like to have one.:banghead:

My oldest boy has Chad Little's autograph on his ID board for his 140, Little was driving the JD car at the time. He also has a number of #17 die casts when it was driven by a better driver.:mocking: Many of those are autographed, as we live less than 10 miles from the Kenseth Museum.

It's good to see JD have a presence in NASCAR. The car will get seen a lot after Stenhouse has a spectacular crash.:lol:
I have a 1/18 car with Chad Little's autograph. However, the autograph is on the box and has worn off over the years. You're right, Mike it will be a hell of a wreck, maybe even at the finish, going for one more spot, if he lasts that long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts