Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Halloween everyone! I just wanted to share a "spoooooky" customer review we received last night and provide a little info. First of all, the review..........
This throttle position sensor cost almost $150.00. I went to install it this weekend and it's bad. As you turn the input you can hear parts inside it grinding and crunching. I look up online how to do a return and it says they wont accept it because it's an electrical part. Wasted $150.00 Lesson learned. I'll do my business locally from now on. Must be nice to not have to stand behind your merchandise. What a racket!

At first I read this and I was miffed. Because we all know in this electronic age how things can spread like wildfire and I knew this had little merit. I quickly responded to the customer (repeat customer mind you) that this was the first we had heard there was a problem and while electrical items are generally non-returnable, this was not the case as this part was well within the John Deere parts warranty period. That's the point of this thread. As a consumer you have rights and should know about the John Deere Parts Warranty https://www.greenfarmparts.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/jd_parts_warranty.pdf. It is the same on most every part except for engines and some other components. And, beyond that......if you think you've been treated unfairly because of a defective product, then ask your dealer to put you in touch with John Deere's home office or their territory manager.

As a side note (and I had to chuckle just a bit), although this customer was a repeat customer with us, this was the first and only time he has ever filled out one of our reviews. It is absolutely true that more people will tell folks about a bad (or perceived bad) experience than a good one.

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
I guess I'm guilty of not filling out the reviews/surveys, etc. And if I have a problem I usually call or email to get a resolution to an issue. I will say I have purchased from GFP a few times now without a problem, either with the order, the shipment, or the parts I've received. I will order again, I'm sure.:thumbup1gif:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Happy Halloween everyone! I just wanted to share a "spoooooky" customer review we received last night and provide a little info. First of all, the review..........
This throttle position sensor cost almost $150.00. I went to install it this weekend and it's bad. As you turn the input you can hear parts inside it grinding and crunching. I look up online how to do a return and it says they wont accept it because it's an electrical part. Wasted $150.00 Lesson learned. I'll do my business locally from now on. Must be nice to not have to stand behind your merchandise. What a racket!

At first I read this and I was miffed. Because we all know in this electronic age how things can spread like wildfire and I knew this had little merit. I quickly responded to the customer (repeat customer mind you) that this was the first we had heard there was a problem and while electrical items are generally non-returnable, this was not the case as this part was well within the John Deere parts warranty period. That's the point of this thread. As a consumer you have rights and should know about the John Deere Parts Warranty https://www.greenfarmparts.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/jd_parts_warranty.pdf. It is the same on most every part except for engines and some other components. And, beyond that......if you think you've been treated unfairly because of a defective product, then ask your dealer to put you in touch with John Deere's home office or their territory manager.

As a side note (and I had to chuckle just a bit), although this customer was a repeat customer with us, this was the first and only time he has ever filled out one of our reviews. It is absolutely true that more people will tell folks about a bad (or perceived bad) experience than a good one.
I've not done business with you...yet. What impressed me is that you saw this and responded. GOOD FOR YOU!!! I like that. Guess I know where to go when I need something. Thank you! I do, do surveys and 80% of the time it's favorable. The other 20% get no repeat business. :good2:

·
Super Moderator
5,113 Posts
I'm guilty! *raises hand*

I've had two orders with you folks over the last 4 months and haven't left any comments or filled out the surveys. It's easy to ignore those things when everything is good. You go install the part and go play instead.

When you run into a problem you want to vent and often, these on-line reviews are the only way people can think of to do that.

I look up online how to do a return and it says they wont accept it because it's an electrical part. Wasted $150.00 Lesson learned.
Sadly, the lesson he DIDN'T learn was to call and talk to you folks. The guy was just plain lazy. I'd hope most people would realize that there isn't any way to cover every possible situation in a web site FAQ. He read "No returns on electrical parts" and accepted that as the end of the story. Maybe he's one of those guys that thinks "If it's on the Interwebs, it must be true!"?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
So what you're saying is......

**Note: Quoted from your WEB Site**

"Who is Green Farm Parts? Learn all about us and our Mission

The mission of Green Farm Parts has always been the same: Offer the best John Deere parts and accessories at a discount price and provide the customer quality customer service. While this mission seems simple, it has been the foundation of our company and has helped us become one of the largest and most award-winning John Deere dealers in North America and the #1 John Deere parts dealer online. We have been a John Deere dealer since the 1950's, so we take your satisfaction seriously. We operate eight stores in three states and have access to nearly all of the parts made by John Deere.

GreenFarmParts.com was built to provide our customers a complete selection of genuine John Deere parts in a clear manner and at a competitive price. We believe that genuine John Deere parts are vital to providing you years of service from your John Deere equipment. We know the concerns of ordering online, so we have made the process a simple one. Our one page checkout makes it easy to find the parts you need and allows you to order them in a timely fashion."

**End Quote**

....you have NOT been in business since the 1950's by providing bad service.

Shame on that customer. Just Sayin!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Well, I am the ultimate internet customer test... and I just ordered $130 worth of parts this afternoon. Time will tell....!:lol:
:usa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts