Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got two offers in the mail from Deere about their factory extended warranty called Powergard. One for my z540m Mower and one for my 2032r. Any of you purchase these or have any insight as to if they are worth the money? I think the longest option is 4 years on the 2032r and is about $1300 and the 4 year option on my mower is about $400 I think.

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
Deere's insurance policy aka extended warranty aka PowerGard is no different than anyone else. It is a big money maker. It really boils down to "do you feel lucky" and are you likely to have problems which are covered by the extended warranty. As with most products, the general consensus is that if your machine has been trouble free during the warranty period you'll probably be ok.

It's always a roll of the dice... JD is betting you won't have problems and they can pocket the money and you are betting you will have problems and get your money back.

I did not get the extension for either my 2720 or X500 and am now outside the extended warranty period so in this case I won. :)

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I didn’t get the extended warranty for my three Deere machines either. I haven’t had anything major that has needed repair outside of the warranty period.
I really thought about getting it for my 4720, but glad I didn’t.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I do know this...don't go whining that something failed"just outside of warranty and JD should pay for it" because JD will remind you of those flyers about Powergard that they sent you. :good2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts