Green Tractor Talk banner

John Deere Quick Hitch - Mower Attachment for 2720

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  listowel48 
#1 ·
I recently added a 54" snow thrower with the front quick hitch to my collection of implements for my 2720. Because the quick hitch has different mounting plates, a compatible belly mower mounting kit is included. Unfortunately, the belly mower mounting kit bracket isn't compatible with the mounting plates. As shown in the photo, the bend in the bracket hits the lower edge of the each of the mounting plates. The two faces need to be parallel and butt up against each other.

Pipe Metal

Has anyone else experienced this problem? What was the solution? Obviously, the mounting plates could be ground to relieve the interference, but wonder if that will reduce their strength.

See less See more
Reactions: pcabe5
#2 ·
Can you take a wider picture? Seems to me I remember some spacers somewhere but I need to see more.

#3 ·
From what I remember, you cannot have the mower brackets & quick hitch brackets on at the same time. You have to remove one to install the other.

What you need is the quick hitch support frame & quick attach mower mount.
I cannot locate the part numbers, but I there are threads about this issue. I have the information on my shop computer, but I am not there.

#4 ·
I recently added a 54" snow thrower with the front quick hitch to my collection of implements for my 2720. Because the quick hitch has different mounting plates, a compatible belly mower mounting kit is included. Unfortunately, the belly mower mounting kit bracket isn't compatible with the mounting plates. As shown in the photo, the bend in the bracket hits the lower edge of the each of the mounting plates. The two faces need to be parallel and butt up against each other.

View attachment 313298

Has anyone else experienced this problem? What was the solution? Obviously, the mounting plates could be ground to relieve the interference, but wonder if that will reduce their strength.
i have a 2520, same as ur 2720. them frame plates are different. it depends on the yr of ur tractor, at least it did for mine. a good place to look for the different brackets, is on u-tube. billstmax--shows a good detailed information about the different plates, he shows changing them out, every season to change from the belly mower, to the snow blower hook up for the quick hitch.
i would imagine u need different frame plates to bolt up to the quick hitch. also-u need to post more pics to show more to others that are way more smarter than i am. good luck

#7 ·
The brackets for the mower are different than the plates to attach the quick hitch to, saying that there is a way of getting a toolless bracket that attaches to the quick hitch bracket for your mower.
The part numbers are the following. the brackets that go on after you take the mower brackets off is part number LVB25302.

The bracket that attaches to those plates is AM134116. this is where the pto shaft goes through (bearings and such) to drive the blower.

The bracket that you put on the plates to connect the mower is LVB24899.

Once I got the plates on I struggled for 2 hours to get the mower quick hitch part LVB24899 to attach to the plates. As shown above they did not meet and upon taking the plates off and trying the bracket on the floor, the bottom left and bottom right part of the plates would not sit flush. As a result, I had to bevel the bottom left corner of the left hand plate and the bottom right corner of the right hand plate (see photo), after which the plates went on smoothly (after R&R of about 5 times-had to have bush guard on tractor which made for interesting lining up) and I was able to attach the mower toolless bracket and attach the mower. Now in the fall, I just take off the mower bracket, by pulling a pin, and then mount the quick hitch bracket for the blower.

Attachments

#5 ·
Here's a picture of the belly mower mounting kit bracket and mounting plates.

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

Reactions: johnH123 and pcabe5
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.