Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happen to see a video of Tim the Tractor Time Guy showing the John Deere Self-Sharpening mower blades. At first I thought this was a joke... and it very well may be a joke. I cannot find anywhere where John Deere makes or sells a self-sharpening mower blade. Number two. I don't see how, why, and what way a mower deck blade can sharpening itself. But, I'm willing to learn and believe it when I see it.

Tim the Tractor Time guy always making videos of what he can do to make a few bucks on some of his many John Deere equipment and some make sense.

So, those here that have or use these self-sharpening blades....speak up.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,095 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
5,632 Posts
kbeaag put the Gators on your deck! Pretty much the same thing, only Oregon doesn't call them self sharpening blades:unknown:! I've used them for years on my 316 50" deck and my 2520 62" deck. A lot of people complain about them, but not me!:thumbup1gif:IMHO, they are an awesome mower blade!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I happen to see a video of Tim the Tractor Time Guy showing the John Deere Self-Sharpening mower blades. At first I thought this was a joke... and it very well may be a joke. I cannot find anywhere where John Deere makes or sells a self-sharpening mower blade. Number two. I don't see how, why, and what way a mower deck blade can sharpening itself. But, I'm willing to learn and believe it when I see it.

Tim the Tractor Time guy always making videos of what he can do to make a few bucks on some of his many John Deere equipment and some make sense.

So, those here that have or use these self-sharpening blades....speak up.
I have no idea how well they work...and I stated that in the video. However, I DID explain the technology. From that standpoint, it makes sense.

Also, had no idea this episode would take off like it did. We would have done some things differently in the video had we realized it would get 620,000+ views in such a short period. Oh well!

Tim

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
I have no idea how well they work...and I stated that in the video. However, I DID explain the technology. From that standpoint, it makes sense.

Also, had no idea this episode would take off like it did. We would have done some things differently in the video had we realized it would get 620,000+ views in such a short period. Oh well!

Tim
I'm assuming you've been using them since making the video. Is there nothing to report?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Tim
Tim, I thank you for coming in here and replying to my thread on the self-sharpening blades. First, I apologize if I offending you by my remarks about the few "few bucks' you might make on the videos. I would do the same if it was my choice. Number two, I have spent hours of my idle time watching your videos. They are worthwhile watching and learning about the many John Deere models you have shown.

Question: Are you connected in some way with the Green Parts Store? I have paid many of my retirement dollars to them. They are good to get JD parts.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kbeaag put the Gators on your deck! Pretty much the same thing, only Oregon doesn't call them self sharpening blades:unknown:! I've used them for years on my 316 50" deck and my 2520 62" deck. A lot of people complain about them, but not me!:thumbup1gif:IMHO, they are an awesome mower blade!

I have mowed with Gator blades on my '99 JD345. My Z701A has a mulching kit under the mower deck and Gator blades don't or will do poor cutting. I use Mulching blades for this deck and in 5 years I've had the Z710A, I'm on my second set of blades. So these do fine with the mulching blades I get from a person in Seymour, Mo who makes these blades from his own material and they are $42.00 for a set of three.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Tim, I thank you for coming in here and replying to my thread on the self-sharpening blades. First, I apologize if I offending you by my remarks about the few "few bucks' you might make on the videos. I would do the same if it was my choice. Number two, I have spent hours of my idle time watching your videos. They are worthwhile watching and learning about the many John Deere models you have shown.

Question: Are you connected in some way with the Green Parts Store? I have paid many of my retirement dollars to them. They are good to get JD parts.
No offense taken. Appreciate you watching. We try to keep the episodes entertaining and interesting.
It isn’t easy to come up with 3 episodes per week which are relevant, and interesting.

Yes, we have a relationship with greenpartstore.com
Use code TTWT to get free shipping (and we get a small commission).

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts