Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to purchase clutch disks for a JD slip clutch? DW burnt the disks up on my 647 tiller and JD themselves sell just the clutch for a stupid amout or the clutch and drive shaft for abt 1/2 the price they want for the clutch. I can get a new clutch from TSC for 179.00 and am going to do so next month but want to rebuild the old one to use on my rough cut mower.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks but that is not the clutch for a 647 like mine. here is mine item 11. And the one at TSC looks identical except for the price and TSC's has a PTO 6 spline input on it. I think I can swap the face plates. Or for $479.00 at JD I can get the PTO shaft and clutch as a unit.

Part Number: LVA12766
Part Price: 1,090.30 CAD
On Hand: 0 Check Other Stores
Description: Slip Clutch - SLIP CLUTCH ASSEMBLY

Attachments

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Why not disassemble the clutch and search for some linings? I replaced linings on my JD 347 sq baler slip clutch last summer & I'll bet some linings are available for your clutch.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Why not disassemble the clutch and search for some linings? I replaced linings on my JD 347 sq baler slip clutch last summer & I'll bet some linings are available for your clutch.

Thanks, that is what I asked in the OP was if anyone knew where to get disks for this clutch. I have since located them at Agri Supply and they are on order as I write this for abt 20 bux for a pair of them which works out to about $50 Canadian by the time they get here with shipping and the exchange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts