Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snowco trailers were sold by John Deere Dealers in the 60's, 70's and early 80's. They as scarce as hens teeth! Does anyone one out in "Green Tractor Talk" have one or know of one of these trailers? I would love to have a picture or two. Specifically, I'm looking for the true color scheme for one sold from a JD Dealer that was painted with green & some trim of yellow.

Thank YOU

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
I just did a Google search for "snowco trailer", then selected images and saw quite a few. This website has a few, I guess the green/yellow one is custom though: Snowco Trailers I also saw several on the WFM site.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Snowco trailers were sold by John Deere Dealers in the 60's, 70's and early 80's. They as scarce as hens teeth! Does anyone one out in "Green Tractor Talk" have one or know of one of these trailers? I would love to have a picture or two. Specifically, I'm looking for the true color scheme for one sold from a JD Dealer that was painted with green & some trim of yellow.

Thank YOU
I had one years ago! Great Trailer. Not in the JD paint, but I used it for many years! I thought it was Gray.......but then again, so is my memory......~Scotty

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thank each one of you! I had checked out each and ALL the search engines but to no avail!
All that I can do is hope that someone at the outstanding site will see this plea and help with some pic's.

Thank YOU

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
The Snowco trailers that I remember were gray also. They were great little trailers for garden tractors.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I thank each one of you! I had checked out each and ALL the search engines but to no avail!
All that I can do is hope that someone at the outstanding site will see this plea and help with some pic's.

Thank YOU
What are you trying to do Mike? Replicate a true SnowCo for 'show'? Just nosey........Scotty

·
Premium Member
6,103 Posts
I have a newer style Snowco (1980 model), with ramp-gate, instead of tilt. The colors are "Seafom Green" for the fenders & ramp holding straps. And "Pearl Gray" for the rest of the trailer. I used Smoke Gray, since I could get it in spray cans for touch up! ~~ Lowell

Attachments

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Nice job, as usual, grnspot. That looks just like I remember them.

Reactions: grnspot110

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Welcome.

The Snowco trailers were well built and great for hauling lawn and garden tractors. I'm sure everyone would like to see pictures of your trailer. Do you still use it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
John Deere snowmobile trailer

First I am new to Greentalk. second, I just pick-up a 1973 J D trailer the last plate year was 1984 . it looks to be in nice shape title is 1973 are there any numbers on sales?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts