Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2008 model 5303 brand new and was returned for steering recall. Now it steers too slow in relation to the steering wheel. What can I do to change it back? The dealership changed the steering rack at the time. I assume there is a flow restrictor in the cylinder?

·
Premium Member
7,935 Posts
I would ask the dealer for a copy of the recall. It may state what the problem and solution are. It may even tell if a restrictor was added that the parts catalog not show.

·
Registered
972 Posts
The only "recall" PIP I know of for your model tractor was released in 2008. When was the work done? Did the steering change at that time or did the problem develop over time. I did several of these PIP's 10 years ago and it did not change the way it steered. The program was released to address the possibility of corrosion developing internally in the cylinder. It installed a new cylinder with the same specification as the original. If repair was recently done, then I would contact the dealer. It is possible you got a defective cylinder. If it was done years ago, then it is possible the seals are going bad in the cylinder oil is bypassing internally or a steering line could be pinched or kinked. Also possible the steering valve could be going bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts