Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Deere Und Lanz Treffen Mit Feldtag Am 23. & 24.08.2014 In 36275 Kirchheim Seepar

Well guys, that's a real long headline and it says: John Deere and LANZ meeting and fieldday in Kirchheim. Some guys of our Johnnie community here in germany arranged the gathering and a plow day.

Today we preloaded some implement on the tandem trailor and the rear place is reserved for Little John. Next saturday Doris et moi will start our trip to Kirchheim - only 40 miles, but I'm assured, we'll have a fine time. Doris will drive the Gator and my tractor is the 3120, the first 6-cyl-model build in Mannheim.

DSCN3792.jpg DSCN3791.jpg

Reactions: Uncle Wayne

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
That sounds like it will be a really good time. If I were across the pond, I'd attend!!

Reactions: jd.rasentrac

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That sounds like it will be a really good time. If I were across the pond, I'd attend!!
I hope so :laugh: but for all of you who are interested in german John Deeres, I'll post some pics, and maybe a vid, from the meeting and plowdays (edit: I always forget, we'll have two days of big fun). Here you'll find some vids of our activities: videos.ig-smz.de

·
8,558 Posts
So, when it is being thrown on the trailer, and worked with a pitchfork by hand, will that go as silage later? Once it is scattered, and then in windrows after drying, the balers come in then, around here.

I still say it looks like fun, but I would want to be on a tractor, not on the trailer with the pitchfork! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So, when it is being thrown on the trailer, and worked with a pitchfork by hand, will that go as silage later? Once it is scattered, and then in windrows after drying, the balers come in then, around here.

I still say it looks like fun, but I would want to be on a tractor, not on the trailer with the pitchfork! :thumbup1gif:
Yep, it's only for fun, no pitchfork will be needed. The field is harvested and some guys will the visitors show how to plow, harrow and seed. I'll be sitting in my armchair to see, what they are doing :mocking:

I'll show the 3 blade mouldboard plough and the corn seeder, beause this seeders are rare in germany, and of course the JD 3120, my JD 112 rf and the XUV 550 (I hope).

·
8,558 Posts
Thanks! I shared the video with a co-worker. She is from Germany. Grew up in the East, and moved West, just a couple of years before the wall "fell". I love listening to her stories.

She said she lived in the city when in the East, but had such as that video almost out her door when living in the West. So, thanks again for posting that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts