1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
375 Posts
The new stuff has anti lock braking and traction control (which could be turned off to make a video like this). Then there is ballast.

I discovered in winter conditions trying to blast up an incline my 2012 f150 won't rev past about 1000 rpm or so in sort of similar situation unless the traction control is turned off.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,744 Posts
I have a little F 150 4X4 he can try that with and I promise to let up on the gas when I get him and his little tractor going 70 mph in reverse.
:lolol:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Truck was a one-wheel-wonder... Tractor doesn't seem entirely stock... Ballast is important :laugh:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Pitting a one wheel drive Mazda B-series (A Ford Ranger with different badges) with hard compound highway tires against a large garden tractor with four-wheel-drive and soft turf tires is completely unfair to the truck... Regardless of the discrepancy in power ratings or chain angles, it never stood a chance.

Ever seen a 120hp steam tractor pull a 20 bottom plow? A 1200hp race car can't do that either. When you need to move something, power is irrelevant without the tractive force to apply it!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I admit, while I flat hate seeing videos of this nature posted, I could not look away. Often alcohol is involved. Soon an ambulance is. And the comments from the butt hurt fans of whatever machine lost and the thousands of reasons why.

I guess like Mark Twain said: "It were not best that we should all think alike, it is a difference of opinion that makes horse races".

:bigbeer:

isaac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts