Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 1025R for about a year. Had a small handful of squawks in addition to the 200 hr. Front loader arms were misaligned. Three point hitch only works on the last three inches of the lever. There are a couple of others I can't recall. Papae Machinery here in Medord Oregon says the loader arm and three point are not covered under the warranty. What happened to the bumper to bumper part of the warranty?

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
I was under the impression the whole tractor was covered 2 years and the power train was 6 years. When i bought me 2038R i bought the best warranty that covered the whole tractor for 6 years and included pick up and delivery. So far i have had it picked up 4 times once for my cruise quit working, once because the push rod to open hood went inside the screen, I cant remember what the third problem was but just three weeks ago my command cut actuter would not raise to the highest setting. It was out of adjustment, got it back in three days.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe you should review the warranty material?
I've had my 1025R for about a year. Had a small handful of squawks in addition to the 200 hr. Front loader arms were misaligned. Three point hitch only works on the last three inches of the lever. There are a couple of others I can't recall. Papae Machinery here in Medord Oregon says the loader arm and three point are not covered under the warranty. What happened to the bumper to bumper part of the warranty?
Other squaks included parking brake didn't hold. Tractor got away from me twice on slight incline. MMM adjustment knob has alway been super tough to move even while the three point was fully up. That was in addition to the front loader arms and the 3 point. All of these required mere adjustments. Papae said JD doesn't cover adjustments therefore they don't cover adjustments. Goodness, if this had been an automobile under warranty, I'm certain adjusts to significant issues would be handled under the warranty. JD has a great product but in my opinion, a very very poor after market service program. I have read so many posts from disgruntled JD owners. As an aside, I also own Kabota machinery and have not experienced any of this customer no service issues. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
LarryG: maybe you got a lemon? I couldn't say what you expected on service. I do know that JD dealers have a high shop rate and warranty and service work has to be approved. If you're looking for all those adjustments I doubt that will ever happen. I had a lot of Deere's and boned up on service as I know JD doesn't baby sit these tractors.

·
Premium Member
10,332 Posts
Seems odd, all of those should be done under the 2 years.

·
Premium Member
17,254 Posts
Agree. Within the first two years warranty should cover anything and everything. Warranty even covered my crooked fuel tank. The dealer sent a tech out to install shims and straighten the tank so the fill cap was perfectly centered in the hood opening.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Advised by service manager that adjustments to things like parking brake and misaligned loader arms, stuck MMM deck knob, not covered by JD therefore they are not covered by dealer. Absurd. I have some Kabota machinery. Difference in customer service is like night and day.

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
I would think they should have been done during pre-delivery inspection.

·
Premium Member
17,254 Posts
Advised by service manager that adjustments to things like parking brake and misaligned loader arms, stuck MMM deck knob, not covered by JD therefore they are not covered by dealer. Absurd. I have some Kabota machinery. Difference in customer service is like night and day.
That sounds more like poor dealer prep and lackluster pre-delivery inspection to me. Warranty or not a good dealer will take responsibility for resolving those issues to maintain customer satisfaction.

I just can't imagine a dealer delivering a tractor with a non-functional parking brake and then just saying "Not covered by warranty, you are on your own".

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
My comment was intended to deal with the facts. Either a person has a warranty or not and I'd like to see the standard John Deere warranty on new equipment. Surely all the people on here with new equipment has a copy or is the idea of a warranty just something implied or hearsay subject to local interpretations or representations?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Warranty is on 400B-1 of the owners manual.

Anyone care to translate?

Reactions: Xesike

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's interesting. I just got a 1025R FILB from Pape in Medford, and they've been nothing but great. I've had a couple of issues and they bent over backwards to get them resolved. My sales guy even went in to the shop on Saturday to make sure I got some parts for my 3-point.

Did you somehow end up with used components? Either way, it might be worth contacting Deere. Pape is a big multi-state dealer, and I imagine that they have corporate policies that the local guys can't get around. Mama Deere might be able to put some pressure on them to make it right, even if it goes against the letter of the warranty.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,802 Posts
What happened to the bumper to bumper part of the warranty?
Well, Since tractors don't have bumpers.......(just kidding).......

Seriously, adjustments should be covered during the first 24 months or 2,000 hrs, which ever comes first.

Some more information would be helpful in understanding more about your challenges with your machine. What was the "200 hr" issue you mentioned?

Did they adjust the 3ph lever so it operates differently?

Also, did they end up charging you for the adjustments they made or what happened?

Can you describe what the "FEL arms misaligned" issue was? Are you talking about the mounting pads where the bucket or forks attach to the frame or is it some other arm alignment issue? How did they resolve it?

I am also curious where you are reading the "posts from disgruntled JD owners"? Are you referring to here on GTT or elsewhere?

Just trying to understand more about your situation. Thanks......

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
SullyBear: I think you are specifically on point here. My post was aimed at specifics with a complaint and seeing what warranty services had to do with those. I could not tell if it was contractual problem or a relational feelings from the buyer. I'm going to dig out the wording today on that new Frontier RC2060 but I lay odds that it says the warranty doesn't cover adjustments.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.