1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Is that resl? I mean it starts of with "John Deere's" lol.
There's so many cameras out there I'm not sure why John Deere would make one.

·
Registered
11,404 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Having read it where do I buy it? I want two

·
Registered
716 Posts
Seems really suspicious. But, assuming it is legit, it is also on sale now for $120. It seems odd to me that it has such a poor article describing it, but then again, it is on a news site.

There is no mention on the Tend site regarding wifi repeating. That is an interesting claim and would be a nice bonus.

Lee

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
The Trend site shows and "indoor / outdoor bundle" for $220. Plus, there's a 20% discount code. Not too bad for two cameras.

I might get an Amcrest pan and tilt camera and paint it green though. :good2:

One thing that is nice with the "Deere cameras" is that they come with free 24 hour video storage. That's pretty nice. Most cloud storage is about $100 per year per camera - with a 30 day look back. If 24 hour storage fits your needs, that's a pretty sweet deal.

My experience with my Nest camera is that I rarely need to go back more than a day to look at something. If there's something suspicious, I generally make a clip of it and save the video clip. You usually know if something's up within 24 hours.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The Trend site shows and "indoor / outdoor bundle" for $220. Plus, there's a 20% discount code. Not too bad for two cameras.

I might get an Amcrest pan and tilt camera and paint it green though. :good2:

One thing that is nice with the "Deere cameras" is that they come with free 24 hour video storage. That's pretty nice. Most cloud storage is about $100 per year per camera - with a 30 day look back. If 24 hour storage fits your needs, that's a pretty sweet deal.

My experience with my Nest camera is that I rarely need to go back more than a day to look at something. If there's something suspicious, I generally make a clip of it and save the video clip. You usually know if something's up within 24 hours.
What is the $100/yr per camera advantage of using the cloud?

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
What is the $100/yr per camera advantage of using the cloud?
Cloud storage gives you the ability to store your video storage somewhere other than at your house. It also saves you having to set up a computer to act as the DVR for your cameras. If someone breaks into your house and steals all your computer equipment - including the one that's a DVR - you have no footage.

Having the ability to access the cloud storage going back 7 or 30 days (depending on your storage plan) vs. 24 hours gives you the ability on Friday to go back to see what happened on Monday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts