Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Yes you could,be sure the hose you stick in is clean.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Is it possible that I can suck the hydro oil out and put fresh oil in ??
Thanks
I think that the problem is getting all of the old fluid out. (Without removing the transmission) Then making sure that you put the correct amount of new fluid in.

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
On the advise of a good freind (Frank, AKA Superglidesport) I purchased this Mityvac Fluid Evacuator to help with changing the 7gal of tranny fluid in my 3720. You could certainly use the same (or smaller) to do as you said, you just have to measure what you take out so you can replace with the same quantity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all reply so on my x300 I will measure what comes out to put back in but on my x300r there is a plastic redevoir container so I would just refill to the full line ??

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Thanks for all reply so on my x300 I will measure what comes out to put back in but on my x300r there is a plastic redevoir container so I would just refill to the full line ??

Thanks again
If the transmission has a reservoir/container for the fluid. I would think it should also have a drain plug. If it does you should be able to get more old fluid out then with a vacuum extractor.

However I do have a Mighty Vac extractor. For some jobs it's a better invention that sliced bread. It works way better than turning the walk behind mower over too get the oil out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts