Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the PTO switch on tractor only to find out that it was not the problem. Started trouble shooting and replaced the switch again, did not help. Replace relays, no help. Replaced the Ignition Interlock module, no help. By passed the seat switch, no help. Bypassed the brake switch, finally got power to PTO Solenoid but then could not get fire to engine.
I am about to pull what little hair I have left out. Any help???

·
Registered
9,374 Posts
You’ll need to tell us what the problem is as exactly as possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You’ll need to tell us what the problem is as exactly as possible.
By passed brake switch using instruction from a source. Found out that the connection was between two incorrect lugs. I moved the connection directly form hot to the blue air going to PTO solenoid switch. PTO began working but when I turned machine off and tried to restart nothing.
Went to RIO switch and tried to by pass it but nothing happened.

Sitting with power to solenoid but will not start.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
The brake switch has two sides to it. I don't know that I have seen many people bypass the brake switch. I assume you are trying to make it so you can start the tractor without the brake set?

Anyhow the two sides of the switch when at rest are opposites. So, at rest, no brake set. One side will have continuity and the other side open. The open side is what you want to jumper. I pulled up the schematic and the hard part is based on the diagram is that there are two sets of purple wires. The blue going to a pair of purple are the ones that you would jumper. On the other side of that switch is a pair of purples that go to yellow. That is for the PTO interlock and you want to leave them alone.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I would also test fuses. If you had something jumpered wrong you might have popped something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts