Green Tractor Talk banner
101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have an X734 with cab, heater and 47" blower. Amazing machine for snow. I'm 50, and I went with a used machine that already had the cab and blower. Got a decent deal on it. You might think it's overkill, but I tell ya what, we aren't getting any younger, and the x7 series machines are a lot easier to change over that the smaller series. The only thing I wish I had was the diesel engine. The gas versions tend to guzzle the petrol.

Future you will appreciate the x7 series. Besides, it kinda becomes a side hobby.

Check out Roger's x7 series with cab. He set himself up for life.

No plans on a cab with heater for my x738 but if they ever come out with a cab with AC I'll be first in line.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I too would buy a cab with A/C too :rolleyes:
So I guess I offically own the X738 since it is now in my garage. This tractor looks bigger than I thought. I need my 3rd car garage for it. Wife asked if I was crazy........lol she said it's huge, this is a farmers daughter who has seen real Big tractors.

Now I wish it would snow(y)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 2032R-Frontier AV20F Grapple-Frontier 60" snowpush-CMP 60" dethatcher.
89 Posts
Congratulations! The X738 is a beast, your neighborhood will be jealous.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Man that's purty!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Grnmachine
Thanks, Just built a new house last year in a new addition that is about 7 houses built with more on the way. Maybe I'll get to know my neighbors by offering the help with their snow...lol For some reason when I quote someone it isn't work that is why I put the name of the person I am replying to.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Grnmachine
lol For some reason when I quote someone it isn't work that is why I put the name of the person I am replying to.
This is how I have done quoting in these threads. There may be a different method?

1. Press the +Quote button for the different messages you'd like to quote (you can select multiple at once but here I just do yours)
Sky Font Terrestrial plant Photo caption Darkness

2. Scroll to the bottom of page current page for the thread you're quoting and press +Insert Quotes - it should show the count of the quotes you're inserting. Here just your quote.
Font Automotive design Circle Sky Display device

3. You can review the quotes before you insert them - then click Quote Messages button
Font Screenshot Electronic device Software Multimedia

4. Quotes are inserted. You can place your reply below the quote, edit the text of the quote to only quote a sentence, etc - or wherever you'd like.
Font Sky Darkness Brand Midnight

·
Registered
428 Posts
Grnmachine
Thanks, Just built a new house last year in a new addition that is about 7 houses built with more on the way. Maybe I'll get to know my neighbors by offering the help with their snow...lol For some reason when I quote someone it isn't work that is why I put the name of the person I am replying to.
If you only want to 'quote' one person, just use the "reply" button.
That's how this response was done.

It will put the message you are quoting directly into a reply box, without the require the review and insert steps. (saving a bunch of steps)

If you want to quote multiple posts -- use the "+quote" button -- as @ean described .

·
Registered
428 Posts
This is how I have done quoting in these threads. There may be a different method?

1. Press the +Quote button for the different messages you'd like to quote (you can select multiple at once but here I just do yours)
2. Scroll to the bottom of page current page for the thread you're quoting and press +Insert Quotes - it should show the count of the quotes you're inserting. Here just your quote.
3. You can review the quotes before you insert them - then click Quote Messages button
4. Quotes are inserted. You can place your reply below the quote, edit the text of the quote to only quote a sentence, etc - or wherever you'd like.
Also, if you a quoting a long post, or something with pictures that don't need to be repeated, you can delete something from the quoted item.

I deleted the diagrams from ean's post as an example of how that might be done.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You can also highlight a section, or a few words from someone's post before clicking the Quote button and only the highlighted portion will carry through.

Reactions: x738 and ean

·
Registered
58 Posts
That has been my dilemma, although I could afford the X 700 is it smart to spend a few thousand more just because you can afford it. This house we built is going to be the last house we live in so the tractor I get and lower attachment will be hopefully the last one I need to buy for as long as I'm able to mow and blow.

Everybody has given me a lot of good information and when I go to John Deere I will have a lot of questions and depending on the answers will most likely be the reason I either go with the X.500 series or spend the extra money for the X 700.
If you are trying to buy the last one you need to buy and have some flexibility with other uses that may come down the pipe, buy the X758 or a 1025R...With either one of those you should not have to worry about anything that comes up in the future.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Thanks for your reply but if you read up to prior posts you'll see I bought the X738. That is overkill for me so the 1025R would make people laugh at me even more than they might now.......lol This X738 is a beast for a 155X88 lot as it is.

On a different now if anyone wants to give me some info on the following. On the snowblower I thought it came with 2 drift cutters or whatever you call the metal bars that extend up from the blower sides. Mine came with one the snowblower in the showroom had 2, should I push the salesman to include the second one and if he doesn't is there a good reason for me buying the second one?

Another saleman issue, On the blower in the showroon I was aasking him about making sure the blade is as close to the ground as possible so I don't leave 1/2" of snow after I blow snow. He said to me that if I look at the "Heavy Duty skids on each side" I will see how they can be moved that will lower the blade to the ground. When I was looking at the tractor last night in my garage ( Haven't even driven it yet) I noticed that I have skids that are only under the bottom edge of the blower box and the sides have no protection like the heavy duty skids give it. I am going to mention it to the salesman and he better install heavy duty skids on my X738 since where pointed them out and exaplined how they are a benefit to the blower. Do you guys agree with me?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Thanks for your reply but if you read up to prior posts you'll see I bought the X738. That is overkill for me so the 1025R would make people laugh at me even more than they might now.......lol This X738 is a beast for a 155X88 lot as it is.

On a different now if anyone wants to give me some info on the following. On the snowblower I thought it came with 2 drift cutters or whatever you call the metal bars that extend up from the blower sides. Mine came with one the snowblower in the showroom had 2, should I push the salesman to include the second one and if he doesn't is there a good reason for me buying the second one?

Another saleman issue, On the blower in the showroon I was aasking him about making sure the blade is as close to the ground as possible so I don't leave 1/2" of snow after I blow snow. He said to me that if I look at the "Heavy Duty skids on each side" I will see how they can be moved that will lower the blade to the ground. When I was looking at the tractor last night in my garage ( Haven't even driven it yet) I noticed that I have skids that are only under the bottom edge of the blower box and the sides have no protection like the heavy duty skids give it. I am going to mention it to the salesman and he better install heavy duty skids on my X738 since where pointed them out and exaplined how they are a benefit to the blower. Do you guys agree with me?

Thanks
I think standard delivery on the snow blower is one drift cutter edge that you can mount on either side. If you want two drift cutters the second one costs extra.

The shoes are easily adjustable. Pick the blower up with the tractor loosen all the shoe bolts them set the blower down so the rear scraper edge touches the ground. Square up the shoes out and tighten the bolts back up. Now your blower will scrap the pavement as best it can. Remember to flip your scraper blade before it's worn down and allows the housing to hit the ground.

Not sure I would worry too much about the heavy duty shoes too much. The standard ones work well enough. You can flip the shoes around and mount them to the outside of the blower if you want to. I think they come mounted to the inside to make the easier to ship.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
The heavy duty skids that the saleman showed me I'd be getting were heavy duty not justt he skids that adjust up and down and cover the bottom of each side bottom edge of the blower sides. the heavey duty ones that he shoed me also cover the outside of the bottom of the skids and it protects the lower sides from curbs etc. I bougth what he showed me I got delivered cheaper one that is my issue with the sskids

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The heavy duty skids that the saleman showed me I'd be getting were heavy duty not justt he skids that adjust up and down and cover the bottom of each side bottom edge of the blower sides. the heavey duty ones that he shoed me also cover the outside of the bottom of the skids and it protects the lower sides from curbs etc. I bougth what he showed me I got delivered cheaper one that is my issue with the sskids
If you felt like the HD skids were part of the package you bought there's no harm in talking to them about it.

The nicer you are when you talk to them about it the better the chance they will correct the situation in your favor.

The HD skids are more useful on loose surfaces or un even bumpy driveways. Not sure I would want them a smooth concrete or asphalt surface. The larger skid surface area makes it harder to get the scraping edge onto the ground.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
This is what the skids look like installed on the inisde, the ones I sw were installed on the outside and were biger to give side protection and also covered under the blower edges.
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Yellow Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sweet talk the dealer into giving you an additional drift bar for free. Can't hurt as someone already stated. My skid shoes are exactly like yours and I've had no probs on paved driveway and fire hydrant on neighbors lawn.

Congrats on the new ride!!!!! May want to ask the dealer to toss you a extra cable or 2 that turns the chute L/R as they may break at the worst time. Being brand new, shouldn't have a prob, but better to be safe than sorry. PITA to install them IMO. Tho I bought mine used and a '15 model, 1st year I owned it, I plugged up chute several times. Spoke to dealer about it and he asked if I was at WOT to which I wasn't till needed. He said it needs to be ran WOT all the time. Grrrrrrrrrrr........... Plus, you more than likely have a plastic impeller VS steel. Thinking of making several mods this year after done w/ snow and switching out to steel is one of them.

Nonetheless, CONGRATS again and enjoy the smiles she'll bring!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have an X734 with cab, heater and 47" blower. Amazing machine for snow. I'm 50, and I went with a used machine that already had the cab and blower. Got a decent deal on it. You might think it's overkill, but I tell ya what, we aren't getting any younger, and the x7 series machines are a lot easier to change over that the smaller series. The only thing I wish I had was the diesel engine. The gas versions tend to guzzle the petrol.

Future you will appreciate the x7 series. Besides, it kinda becomes a side hobby.

Check out Roger's x7 series with cab. He set himself up for life.

What's up w/ the weights on front of grill area?

101 - 120 of 144 Posts