Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a 2009 x540 with about 800 hrs on it that appears to be in pretty good condition. No cosmetic issues like cracks paint looks good and all that. Some paint wear on the 54 inch deck but nothing concerning to me. The newest tractor I have is a 425 I got for 500 bucks with a sixty but it had a bent push rod on one cylinder. Replaced it but no idea why it was bent so figuring I need a back up mower. Anyone my question is they ate willing to take 1k for it but said it does have an issue where after mowing awhile it will start to die. If they smack on the dash it will be fine. Dealer told them seventy dollar part but they don't recall what it was. Is this a good deal or should I be worried the problem is more significant. I know nothing about any John Deere made after 98.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
For a $1,000 plus a part not bad,at least it runs.Being liquid cooled I'd check the antifreeze level may be shutting down due to getting hot from low fluid.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My intention is to resell after I rebuild my 425. Seemed like I might be able to make money judging by other prices in my area. So fingers crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts