Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27,539 Posts
I really enjoy your comparison videos as I've said before. I'm sure a lot of people appreciate these and use them as a guide.

One thing came to mind when watching this one - please take this as a constructive comment -

When reading the thread linked below this very subject came up. A few people, when comparing the X7xx and 1-series spoke of the 1-series as being "huge" or "behemoth" and the like. Your video will really help with this. But - I think if you had shown the 1-series without the loader on it would have made a better comparison. When people (suburban lot owners) see that loader they will automatically have the same comments about size. But when in reality there is little difference in the size.

I in fact went into my dealer years ago looking to replace my 332. I was looking at the X7xx because I wanted another diesel. The salesman steering me right toward the 2210 sitting next to it for all the reasons stated in your video and in the thread. the 2210 (predecessor to the 1-series) was in the showroom without a loader and with turf tires and made for a very easy comparison. In fact I bought the 2210 without a loader (an option that some people may not know exists). My salesman asked me 6 different times if I was sure I didn't want a loader. Long story short I had them install a loader 3 months later.

Also the ROPS on the 1-series can give the impression of larger size - but at least it folds. The 2210 was a fixed ROPS.

Delivery day -

Land vehicle Vehicle Lawn Grass Lawn mower

Land vehicle Vehicle Grass Lawn Mower

I know you explain it very well but a picture says 1000 words - first glances get set in one's mind.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/lawn-garden-tractors/158025-justifing-x7xx-diesel.html

·
Registered
27,539 Posts
If I would have known the turning radius was about the same I would have bought a 1025r. I'm very happy with my x758 but I'm toying with putting the 3 point on it so I can expand its capabilities.
Ron
This is what test drives are for if only in the dealer parking lot.

I had a 2210 (predecessor to the 1-series) and needed to upgrade to a larger tractor. But since I also mow with these tractors I was concerned with the turning radius. One trip on the parking lot making hard turns left and right settled it for me with the 2520 - I was amazed at how tight it turned and how nimble it felt for a much larger tractor. Sold!

Reactions: GWT3046r
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.