Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the mower belt come off that evidently broke off the brake switch. Took me a little while to find it. During my trouble shooting, I checked the fuel filter and damaged the little clips that hold the filter tight inside the fittings. Are these clips readily available? Do they come with the filter kit? If necessary, I will just replace the filter with an aftermarket product and use hose clamps. Did manage to get the tractor back to the shop though! Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Had the mower belt come off that evidently broke off the brake switch. Took me a little while to find it. During my trouble shooting, I checked the fuel filter and damaged the little clips that hold the filter tight inside the fittings. Are these clips readily available? Do they come with the filter kit? If necessary, I will just replace the filter with an aftermarket product and use hose clamps. Did manage to get the tractor back to the shop though! Thanks for any help.
Clips come with the filter if you get it from JD, not sure about after market.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
If you're model has fuel injection I would not recommend using aftermarket clamps. They are under way higher pressure than a carbureted engine. Last thing you want it the line blowing off while cutting dry grass.

·
Registered
366 Posts
That is a bummer man. I hope you get this fixed and have no other issues.

I hate to redirect this thread but I know I can't be the only one here that whats to see pictures of your 67 Camaro!

isaac

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed It!

That is a bummer man. I hope you get this fixed and have no other issues.

I hate to redirect this thread but I know I can't be the only one here that whats to see pictures of your 67 Camaro!

isaac
As far as the fuel filter, I replaced the broken tabs with wire ties the same width as the broken tabs/clips. The ties perform the same function as the clips as they hold the flange of the filter housing firmly in place allowing a secure seal. I threaded the ties through the pathway the clips normally fit. Since the ties are of a much stronger material than the original clips, they should be more than sufficient. The brake switch still worked. It was held in place by two cheesy rivets and were no match for the belt whipping around. I used a heavy gauge clip to hold the switch in place secured by a stainless bolt. I had to drill and tap a 1/4" X 20 hole to accept the bolt. I would add pics of the Camaro but I don't think I'm allowed to yet.

·
Administrator
20,683 Posts
You can post pictures anytime you want. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts