Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
445 340 hours started bogging down . new gas ,gas cap , fuel fillter .
, plugs , battrey. Has gas to engine and will run when small amount of gas is poured in inlet.Could this be the injector nozzle?

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
445 340 hours started bogging down . new gas ,gas cap , fuel fillter .
, plugs , battrey. Has gas to engine and will run when small amount of gas is poured in inlet.Could this be the injector nozzle?
I'm a goof, never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,605 Posts
445 is fuel injected.

Could be the injector. I would try some fuel injector cleaner first. I use Chevron Techron. I would mix it stronger than the driections recommend. You don't have many hours. Mine is somewhere in the 1700 hour range and I have never had a fuel problem.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would try some fuel injector cleaner first. I use Chevron Techron. I would mix it stronger than the driections recommend.
I wouldn't. If the injector is anything like an automotive fuel injector, the coil windings are exposed to fuel (for cooling), injector cleaner can strip the enamel insulation off the wire and cause it to short. I'm not against using the stuff, but follow the directions.

·
Registered
11,605 Posts
I wouldn't. If the injector is anything like an automotive fuel injector, the coil windings are exposed to fuel (for cooling), injector cleaner can strip the enamel insulation off the wire and cause it to short. I'm not against using the stuff, but follow the directions.
OK. No problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts