Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4600 with a 460 loader. The right rear arm sits tight and doesn't move a bit while in operation. The left arm on the other hand does a jitter bug while in use.:gaah: The arm that I'm speaking of is the arms at the rear of the loader that sits on the mounts on the frame. The mount beam is tight to the frame, the contact pads all look like they are making contact on the mount. It certainly doesn't seem as solid as it was last year. Any ideas greater minds than mine??:dunno:

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
JD sells a "shim kit" that can be welded to the square tubular mount that attaches to the tractor, it's supposed to take up the slack between the "claw" on the mast and the mount. Another solution is to run some weld beads at the contact locations and grind till you get a snug fit. Until it get's real loose I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can weld the beads easy enough. Didn't know if it was something to worry about. I tend to worry about a lot of things. I'm a bit AR about my stuff being right. So the mast moving was driving me bat feces. I think I'll spend some quality time with my Mig welder tomorrow:fed:. Thanks Mr. K.:good2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mainly been just moving snow with it and light dirt and gravel work with it. The left leg jumps about 1/2 inch with each movement of the FEL.I currently have 1106 hours on the tractor, but certainly not that many on the fel. Most of the hours on the tractor are mowing right now. I bought it last winter with 980 hours on it. Previous owner used it on the farm, moving hay and what not. He had a grapple on the front. Thinking about putting a grapple back on it. I have a lot of tree debris and shrub trimmings to pick up around here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts