Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the ballast I whipped up Sat. afternoon.
I used a 2" receiver that mounted to the 3 pt.
It was a 2 pc bolted assembly. I added 8" spacers between the cross bar and the up right to raise the upper link connection.
A 40 gallon? plastic garbage can that i got for free for the "box" part.
All together I spent about $175 for everything including 9) 60 lb bags of cement.

I could of used another bag but it'll work just fine as is.

I was going to originally cut the garbage can off when it was cured but I decided to leave as is.

I figure it weights about 650lb. I also stuck some large studs, bolts and large steel scrap chunks in the mix for "rebar" and added weight.

I have been getting along without a ballast but seeing as I'm going adapt my grapple to the 2720 the added ballast might help.

I've seen other ballasts and I don't like the fact that most of them stick out so far in the back. I use my tractor in the woods and turning around is already hard enough without making the tractor a couple of feet longer.

ballast 001.JPG

ballast 002.JPG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,752 Posts
:bigthumb:looks good-but i am assuming u don't run a i-match right. it must be easier for u to tightened them little sway bar tighteners than it is for me--that's why i love my i-match so much. good luck with it.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top