Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg I just bought a 2007 John Deere 3520 with a 300 CX loader and a 72" belly mower. It has about 800 hours and in great condition. I'm super excited about the new tractor but I also made a slight mistake by not putting pins in the ROPS while pulling in the garage. The ROPS brushed against the rear SCV and I cannot figure out how to reconnect the hose. It seems the line is still under pressure. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
21,478 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

First off, congrats on your new purchase! That's a serious machine. With the engine off, move the loader joystick around in a circle a few times to drain off any internal hydraulic pressure. You should then be able to reconnect your line fairly easily if there is no damage to it.:good2:

:wgtt:

·
Administrator
20,101 Posts
:wgtt:

Your picture is very dark, but I assume those are the lines heading down to the MMM cylinder? You can try as Jason said, but often the pressure is on the hose/line side, and you need to wrap a rag over the QD (quick disconnect) nipple and press it against something hard to push the little poppet in to relieve some pressure, where glove as well. In extreme cases you need two wrenches to loosen the QD to relieve some pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts