Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought it home and I can not get the adjustment knob to move. Went to look at the manual and I have one for the loader a 2nd for the 1025r but, nothing for the deck. It seems like I am missing a very Important manual for my 54 inch auto connect. I can raise the 3 point and the deck goes up and down with it. Of course the dealership is closed an
of course I wanted to play...

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
The deck must be in the raised position to be able to use the knob.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One (M8)

·
Corndog Hater
11,464 Posts
Very occasionally mine will get very difficult to turn. I kneel down and shoot it underneath, and around the stops, with a spray lube.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Just brought it home and I can not get the adjustment knob to move. Went to look at the manual and I have one for the loader a 2nd for the 1025r but, nothing for the deck. It seems like I am missing a very Important manual for my 54 inch auto connect. I can raise the 3 point and the deck goes up and down with it. Of course the dealership is closed an
of course I wanted to play...
The height adjustment knob is connected to a rod that runs to just in front of the left front tire. If you kneel and look under the fender you should be able to see the universal joint that is likely in need of some spray lube.

Once free, to operate the height adjustment knob, raise the deck all the way up and then turn.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The adjustment rod sits on a washer which also needs a shot of lube. It can get really sticky - much more than the u-joint. Shoot some spray lube on the washer stack where it goes through the body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts