Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what had to make room in the shed for my new 318.. Polaris 850 XP Touring

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks fella's.. no the woods are not mine but I am surrounded by woods and farm land.. I'm very fortunate to have an extensive trail system about a 10 min ride from my house.. And yes, "touring" does mean 2-up..

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
decided to resurrect my old post from a while ago.. I sold the blue 2010 Polaris Sportsman 850 Touring above and replaced it with a 2014 Sportsman 570 when I bought my 1023e.. The JD dealer was also a Polaris dealer and the offer he made was just to good not to trade up 4 model years even though it meant sacrificing some cc's.. They are both very comfortable and have many of the same ride characteristics, but the 850 was a dedicated 2-up machine and the 570 is a 1-up.. I put a rear seat on it for my 5 year old and its as stable as a billy goat.. But for carrying a passenger.. You have to be that much more careful on a 1-up quad.. I'm an avid recreational trail rider and I consider the handling and ride quality of the sportsman line from Polaris to be un-matched in the power sports industry.. Can-am is right there.. But for all day rider comfort and compliance in the rough stuff.. Polaris is at the top of the heap in my opinion.. Here's a few pics of the "new" one.. Its actually a year old now.. I don't go looking for trouble when I ride but we've all loved mud since we were kids and its no different now so I included a pic as well of a real nasty mud hole I got into recently.. Just to show that my quads ain't just shed queens either.. haha!

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
I like the cabin or shed in the first picture. Only the mowed lawn and Polaris look out of place in front of it.

The mud hole looks like it is off the side of an old road lined with logs? Did you know it was that deep?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha!.. Thanks zebra.. The trail is part of the west Algonquin atv club trails up in northern Ontario.. The trail system up there is pretty intense and has about every kind of trouble you can get into on an atv.. Including holes like that that start out innocent enough, then get real ugly real quick.. I made it a decent amt of the way before the physics of water and mud took over.. The concept of risk/reward is at play here.. The rail way ties you see to the side were put there as the longer but sure way across.. The route I took was the quicker but clearly not so "sure" way across.. You'd need a quad with snorkles and hard core mud tires to get much further..

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
haha!.. Thanks zebra.. The trail is part of the west Algonquin atv club trails up in northern Ontario.. The trail system up there is pretty intense and has about every kind of trouble you can get into on an atv.. Including holes like that that start out innocent enough, then get real ugly real quick.. I made it a decent amt of the way before the physics of water and mud took over.. The concept of risk/reward is at play here.. The rail way ties you see to the side were put there as the longer but sure way across.. The route I took was the quicker but clearly not so "sure" way across.. You'd need a quad with snorkles and hard core mud tires to get much further..
My days of doing that are long past. I'll be taking the "sure thing" AKA "chicken" trail.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,404 Posts
Just to show that my quads ain't just shed queens either.. haha!

[/URL]
You're a good man for smiling in that last pic, I dang sure wouldn't be, probably would be using
some "naughty" words also.:lol:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha!.. The smile was not easy.. I was eating a little crow as I had been on the guy taking the pic for getting stuck a couple of times and having to pull him out.. He thoroughly enjoyed returning the favor to me!..

·
Old Pa-pa
11,404 Posts
ha!.. The smile was not easy.. I was eating a little crow as I had been on the guy taking the pic for getting stuck a couple of times and having to pull him out.. He thoroughly enjoyed returning the favor to me!..
Same thing with the bunch I hang around with, always waiting for one of us to
screw up and than lay it on thick. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts