Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer dropped off my tractor yesterday, the delivery guy wasn't very knowledgeable about the tractor so the few questions I did have weren't answered. So I was hoping before I contact the dealership I could get some info on here.

The Mower deck height adjustment knob doesn't appear to have a "lock" position. I know previous models had a different knob and had a lock. Just wondering if there is no longer a lock out position?

Here is a picture
IMG_5239.jpg

Also is there supposed to be some kind of liner or anything in the bottom of the cup holder and other compartments or is this how its supposed to be?

tract.jpg

Haven't had much time to play with it but so far I love it. Here are a few more pictures

IMG_5245.jpg
IMG_5241.jpg

·
Registered
403 Posts
2018 1025r

The dealer dropped off my tractor yesterday, the delivery guy wasn't very knowledgeable about the tractor so the few questions I did have weren't answered. So I was hoping before I contact the dealership I could get some info on here.

The Mower deck height adjustment knob doesn't appear to have a "lock" position. I know previous models had a different knob and had a lock. Just wondering if there is no longer a lock out position?

Here is a picture
View attachment 533922

Also is there supposed to be some kind of liner or anything in the bottom of the cup holder and other compartments or is this how its supposed to be?

View attachment 533954

Haven't had much time to play with it but so far I love it. Here are a few more pictures

View attachment 533938
View attachment 533946
First off welcome if I make a miss here it's because I'm new here also
the cup holder is fine no liner don't know about the mower deck lock, didn't get a mower just got 1025 about 3 weeks ago and yes i'm waiting for snow

·
Registered
149 Posts
Now get it dirty

Here is a picture
View attachment 533922

View attachment 533954

View attachment 533938
View attachment 533946

Hard to get it dirty with the white precipitation,
I'm sure You'll find some dirt as you dig into GETTING-ER DONE

VERY NICE,
waltmart

·
Premium Member
14,923 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

Looks OK to me ,

·
Registered
748 Posts
ekluge77, First off, welcome....

The holes and unfinished look to the cup holder and cubby holes is most likely for water drainage. Believe it or not, the tractors wont melt if left outside, and rain water wont hurt anything.....

As far as the cutting height adjustment knob not having a "LOCK" position.... The knob turns a stepped cam... On my tractor, from around 2014, the cam looks like this... Look at your tractor.....on the left side, under the tractor, just ahead of the rear tire... Your adjustment cam will probably look like mine. Unless there have been major changes to things this year..

DSCF8680.JPG

DSCF8681.jpg

There really is no lock mechanism, it's just the highest position on the cam..... and "install" is the open space between the low spot and the high spot.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ekluge77, First off, welcome....

The holes and unfinished look to the cup holder and cubby holes is most likely for water drainage. Believe it or not, the tractors wont melt if left outside, and rain water wont hurt anything.....

As far as the cutting height adjustment knob not having a "LOCK" position.... The knob turns a stepped cam... On my tractor, from around 2014, the cam looks like this... Look at your tractor.....on the left side, under the tractor, just ahead of the rear tire... Your adjustment cam will probably look like mine. Unless there have been major changes to things this year..

View attachment 533970

View attachment 533978

There really is no lock mechanism, it's just the highest position on the cam..... and "install" is the open space between the low spot and the high spot.

Good Luck!
Thanks, I'll take a look under there tonight and see if the cam is the same on mine.

·
Registered
307 Posts
They probably eliminated the lock position because it got little to no use. It was for traveling down the the road so the deck wouldn't flop/drop. The highest deck setting does the same thing. Nice rig.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
They probably eliminated the lock position because it got little to no use. It was for traveling down the the road so the deck wouldn't flop/drop. The highest deck setting does the same thing. Nice rig.:bigthumb:
The lock position was for keeping the driveshaft and linkage tucked up tight on quick connect equipped mowing decks and maybe even the manual connect deck. If the tractor has mechanical lift on the deck then when you were using a three point attachment such as a tiller then you don't want your deck attachment hardware dropping with your three point and getting dragged through the dirt.
I can't imagine Deere would intend someone to operate without the lock.
I wonder if the OP's tractor has a different deck control system or a separate locking device. I know on my tractor the highest cutting height still drops the deck at least an inch from lock position.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Nice looking tractor. Enjoy it. :good2::good2:

Reactions: ekluge77 and Levi

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats on the purchase mate.. quick question for you, will you be using the FEL for moving the snow? I was planning to purchase mine soon and was wonder if I can use the FEL to just opush the snow vs purchasing a blade or snowblower attachment, my driveway is 150 feet long blacktop..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on the purchase mate.. quick question for you, will you be using the FEL for moving the snow? I was planning to purchase mine soon and was wonder if I can use the FEL to just opush the snow vs purchasing a blade or snowblower attachment, my driveway is 150 feet long blacktop..
Yep.... I use my FEL to push/pile snow works great, unless you have a gravel driveway.... then you need a set of Edge Tamers !!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a walk behind snowblower that works well for my driveway but I do plan to use the FEL at the end of the driveway and around the mailbox after the plow truck goes by. Had a ton of snow around here until few weeks back it got up to 60 and it all melted.

This was January 4
IMG_5042.jpg

·
Registered
340 Posts
In my humble opinion, the setting that has the pic of the tractor with the arrow under it is the transport position, probably the lock equivalent on the older dials.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
The tractor picture with the arrow forward and backward is the lock position.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The tractor picture with the arrow forward and backward is the lock position.

I can't see the decal very well in the picture, but it looks almost like the tractor front tires are on top of the mowing deck on that pictograph. That would indicate "install" position to me if that were so.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts