Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:gizmo: Makin it rain AGAIN!:mocking: too much water around here! Any way I just picked up a new Imatch at my local dealer on Wednesday. It was 15% off with the sale they are running. I got that and an extra pack of bushings.

I noticed a post where someone put Kolpin gun holders on the side of the Imatch to hold shovels ETC. What other mods or ideas have you guys came up with for the Imatch. Anything useful is very much appreciated. I am still relatively new to the 1025 R world sitting at 63 hours so any comments and advice are welcomed. I will be doing some searching on TTWT to see what he's been up to. I cant remember all the vids I have watched already... For now I only have the double heavy hitch and a Box Blade so no frequency in swapping implements just yet..:greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
For now I only have the double heavy hitch and a Box Blade so no frequency in swapping implements just yet...
Well you wouldn't want the imatch to feel lonely. You should probably start buying it more friends :)

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Definitely get one of Ken's extended top hook and pins for your I-Match. It's a game changer:bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
2,167 Posts
Definitely get one of Ken's extended top hook and pins for your I-Match. It's a game changer:bigthumb:
I second, third, & fourth that. Attaching and detaching implements is sooo much easier when they don't hit the IMatch frame.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
I think the new I-Matches come with the extended hooks. Mine has the extended hook. I got it in April this year.
Uht oh Ken....

Please take a pic of your I-Match and post Keefus, I'd like to see how long JD top hook is now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I’ve gotta new iMatch, don’t know if it has a longer hook but I have no problem hooking up to the six implements I own without leaving the seat. I am curious how it measures up to Kens hook.

·
Super Moderator
2,167 Posts
I’ve gotta new iMatch, don’t know if it has a longer hook but I have no problem hooking up to the six implements I own without leaving the seat. I am curious how it measures up to Kens hook.
Ken's hook isn't longer, it extends the hook back, to eliminate the frame of the implement hitting the frame of the IMatch. For example, when using my box blade, the frames would hit when hooking up, and with the weight of the BB they would lock together. I'd have to jump on the 3PH to get them to unlock when I was done. With Ken's hook the frames don't hit, so they aren't locked together anymore, and it releases easily. Similar thing on my rotary cutter.

We would love to see pics of your IMatch and see how it compares. Wondering if JD changed the original hook.

·
Premium Member
13,310 Posts
Uht oh Ken....

Please take a pic of your I-Match and post Keefus, I'd like to see how long JD top hook is now.
I'd like to see it too, but Kenny shouldn't be worried, there are an awful lot of older iMATCHES out there that need a new hook. And we all know that JD would probably charge a fortune just for the hook.

·
Administrator
17,944 Posts
I saw two new brand iMatch's while I was at my local JD dealer last week, they had the same short hook as always. :dunno:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I second, third, & fourth that. Attaching and detaching implements is sooo much easier when they don't hit the IMatch frame.
I guess I need a picture on this. I went to Ken's site and saw an upper link extension. That tells me the attachment is going to be pointed down a bit and the top link drawn in. Is the right? Since the attachment is true vertical, I don't see how that helps.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,944 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,167 Posts
Kens hook on the left, original on the right

View attachment 648456

Original hook that came with the IMatch. Notice how close the opening in the hook is to the frame, where the bolts are

View attachment 648458

Ken's hook on the IMatch. Notice how far back the hook opening is now. That creates the gap between the implement and the IMatch, so the frames don't hit.

View attachment 648460

1 - 15 of 15 Posts