Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just grabbed a carry all from TSC. Forgot I wanted one of these from seeing other members on here threads where they built them out. I had to pay full price since I didn’t have time to find or get a coupon :banghead:

Now to figure out how I wanna build mine. I usually like to over think things. We shall see. I’ve done a search on here but everyone just made it 1 carry all. Which are VERY nice. I’m just looking to make it a little more versatile.

The ideas rolling in my head is to basically use it more like rear forks. And make more than one carry all. Either building out of pallets or simple slapping some 2x’s together depending on the situation. .
I know I want to make
- one for a 15 gallon sprayer I have. It last me a few months when full and don’t wanna have to take it on and off.
-one to say carry lots of mulch, rocks, etc with a back door that opens to rake out what i need While keep the front loader free. Or just to go around picking up fallen sticks
-something like a few memebers on here made to carry stuff like weed eaters, chainsaws etc.
- one for weight

Basically I’m lazy and I dont wanna have to unload a lot of this to grab a lot of that :lol:

This thing sure doesn’t come off that ground that high with the little 1025 lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
And how’d you do with all that? Pics please!

==Grizzler

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Grizzler,

I haven't quite finished with my Carry All, I still need to add pipes to hold my landscaping tools and such. I picked up a 1/2" rubber mat from Tractor Supply and will place it on the bottom floor of my Carry All, just to protect the painted finish. I used 3/4" plywood for the floor and back wall. BTW, I also bought my carry all frame from Tractor Supply.

The two photos show the rear of my Carry All and the front of my Carry All

FredSG

·
Registered
320 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
21,475 Posts
Hi Grizzler,

I haven't quite finished with my Carry All, I still need to add pipes to hold my landscaping tools and such. I picked up a 1/2" rubber mat from Tractor Supply and will place it on the bottom floor of my Carry All, just to protect the painted finish. I used 3/4" plywood for the floor and back wall. BTW, I also bought my carry all frame from Tractor Supply.

The two photos show the rear of my Carry All and the front of my Carry All

FredSG
View attachment 723201 View attachment 723203
Can you tell me if the TSC carry all works OK with the iMatch hitch? I might buy one this month with my Friends and Family quarterly bonus coupon. I don’t have any other place to buy one from other than TSC.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine fit just fine when I first tried it . . . other members of GTT have purchased the same one and they have it installed. When I bought mine, I checked all the weld joints etc., and took my pick of the two that were in stock. You will need the correct bushings to fit onto the top link and side pints that come with the carry all. You can see these on the rear photo I posted.

Also see this link and also do a search in this forum for more information.

FredSG

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Can you tell me if the TSC carry all works OK with the iMatch hitch? I might buy one this month with my Friends and Family quarterly bonus coupon. I don’t have any other place to buy one from other than TSC.
I've had a TSC Carry-All for a few years and never had any issues with using it with the iMatch.

If you look at FredSG's pics though, you can see that the pin for the top hook is under the top cross bar. Some people have had issues if they put wood on (as Fred did!) the back of the carry all. If you do that the top hook may not have room to slide up behind the pin. Other's have made a cut out in the backing for the hook and some have pulled out their welder and relocated the top pin.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I read on GTT about the same issue that JimR has mentioned. So when I built my Carry All I installed a spacer board, a 2" x 4", to move the Carry All wall away from the frame. That worked for me.

You can see the spacer in this photo.

FredSG

·
Registered
21,475 Posts
I've had a TSC Carry-All for a few years and never had any issues with using it with the iMatch.

If you look at FredSG's pics though, you can see that the pin for the top hook is under the top cross bar. Some people have had issues if they put wood on (as Fred did!) the back of the carry all. If you do that the top hook may not have room to slide up behind the pin. Other's have made a cut out in the backing for the hook and some have pulled out their welder and relocated the top pin.
Excellent - thanks!
When looking at the various threads I noticed the TSC one has the top pin in line with the upright while the Rural King edition has the top pin offset. That’s why I was wondering.

At least I know it can be overcome with keeping the pin area open when adding wood.

There is a Rural King but it’s a 3 hour round trip to an area we never go. And besides - if I go to that town I will just have to stop at the biggest gun shop in the state.....

·
Registered
21,475 Posts
I read on GTT about the same issue that JimR has mentioned. So when I built my Carry All I installed a spacer board, a 2" x 4", to move the Carry All wall away from the frame. That worked for me.
View attachment 723270

FredSG
Excellent - thank you!

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
View attachment 723270

FredSG
You are smarter that the average bear!

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
One area which is often overlooked when planning the carry all's is the benfit of the front wall, which faces the rear of the tractor. It's a great place for items you carry all the time, such as a tool box, etc. As long as you can hook and unhook the carry all and the items you add don't get in the way of the 3 point, there is a lot of useful space which is helpful to take advantage of. Also a great place to carry chains, etc. with the correct way to secure them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just grabbed a carry all from TSC. Forgot I wanted one of these from seeing other members on here threads where they built them out. I had to pay full price since I didn’t have time to find or get a coupon :banghead:

Now to figure out how I wanna build mine. I usually like to over think things. We shall see. I’ve done a search on here but everyone just made it 1 carry all. Which are VERY nice. I’m just looking to make it a little more versatile.

The ideas rolling in my head is to basically use it more like rear forks. And make more than one carry all. Either building out of pallets or simple slapping some 2x’s together depending on the situation. .
I know I want to make
- one for a 15 gallon sprayer I have. It last me a few months when full and don’t wanna have to take it on and off.
-one to say carry lots of mulch, rocks, etc with a back door that opens to rake out what i need While keep the front loader free. Or just to go around picking up fallen sticks
-something like a few memebers on here made to carry stuff like weed eaters, chainsaws etc.
- one for weight

Basically I’m lazy and I dont wanna have to unload a lot of this to grab a lot of that :lol:

This thing sure doesn’t come off that ground that high with the little 1025 lol.
You might want to drill 2 holes in the frame about 5" below the pins. I think the holes for the pins are 1 1/8" this will raise the bottom to about 18" .

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have the same carryall. Good construction and no problems with Imatch at all. I don't know about the HF "Imatch", and many people here have issues with that brand. However, the "quick attach" I bought cost less than $150 and works perfectly. Don't remember the brand and I'm, not going to the shed tonight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts