Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello future helpers!! ha ha

I just bought my first JD, its a 750 with loader and backhoe. it needs just a few things , but runs fine as is. It will be used on my property of about 8 acres. I have a retaining wall to build, some rock to spread on a dirt driveway and some drainages to make. plus all the clearing and misc stuff, like lifting a 450lb outboard off one boat and putting it on another!!

I have been around lots of tractors when I visit the farmers whose land I have permission to hunt. But it has always been simple stuff like just driving it or pulling a wagon ect...no digging or loading...ie not much hydraulic use.

maybe ill get to the point I can answer someone else's questions one day. I prefer to fix stuff myself, and since I don't have a trailer, I might just HAVE to on this tractor.

dvice

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,789 Posts
Fine looking tractor dvice. Welcome to GTT.
Sullivan County NY here.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Welcome, from Texas!

:gtfam:

·
Administrator
20,852 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts

Welcome from a fellow Dutchess County resident. Whereabouts? I'm in Pleasant Valley.

·
Premium Member
14,886 Posts
Nice looking tractor ,,Welcome from West Virginia

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
From Ct

·
Registered
947 Posts
Congrats on the tractor and welcome from WI...:drinks:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Welcome from a fellow Dutchess County resident. Whereabouts? I'm in Pleasant Valley.
I am in Wingdale....

did you buy your JD at Adams?

I was looking at a JD4300, loader, backhoe, mower in dover and that's guys dealer was Adams....hes buying a new machine with heated/ac, pressurized cab!!! his 4300 was a VERY good price...but just out of my budget, especially for a first time machine for me.

dvice

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I am in Wingdale....

did you buy your JD at Adams?

I was looking at a JD4300, loader, backhoe, mower in dover and that's guys dealer was Adams....hes buying a new machine with heated/ac, pressurized cab!!! his 4300 was a VERY good price...but just out of my budget, especially for a first time machine for me.

dvice
Adams is my dealer. Overall, I like them very much, my closest JD dealer, best price when I bought my 1026R 2.5 years ago, and good service. I only "pick on them" about transport of my tractor for warranty service during the last part of my warranty period. But heck, they are just following JD policy, and I know they need to make a profit, and there is a cost to transport a tractor around. So I can't really complain, other than them "not going the extra yard". But I'll still recommend them as a good dealer.

And I agree a larger cabbed tractor is really nice, but budget and not having a large amount of acreage, makes my 1026R a perfect choice for me.

Once again, Welcome.

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:hi::wgtt:

Welcome from the top of Maine!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts