1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Let us know how it works for ya. I would not expect the tine spacing to be narrow enough to work as a rake.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering that but there are two rows offset so I'm hopeful. If it won't it'll still cover seed in the food plots and of course detach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the 50" model, works great as a rake, also use it to rough up dirt for seeding, then go over it again to cover the seed up. it's really nice to be able to raise and lower it, I started playing with my top link adjustment to change the angle of the tines, more or less aggressive.

Nick

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 50" model, works great as a rake, also use it to rough up dirt for seeding, then go over it again to cover the seed up. it's really nice to be able to raise and lower it, I started playing with my top link adjustment to change the angle of the tines, more or less aggressive.

Nick
Thanks Nick,
I was hoping that would be the case. I had seen a few remarks saying that was their primary use for it but as stated earlier I was less than sure. I really appreciate your encouragement.

Wayne

Reactions: RandyM

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks Nick,
I was hoping that would be the case. I had seen a few remarks saying that was their primary use for it but as stated earlier I was less than sure. I really appreciate your encouragement.

Wayne
don't forget to give us a report with pics of course!

Reactions: bama1025r

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20161111_151831.jpg 20161111_151841.jpg
I have to get a set of adapters for my imatch then I'll let you know if it works.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not perfect but it looks good to the little woman and that is the test I need to pass. If you know what I mean... 20161112_110130.jpg 20161112_110153.jpg 20161112_110148.jpg
That was about 15 minutes raking!

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks good! isn't it nice to be able to lift the fingers
It sure is. It took a few minutes to get the muscle memory to hit the same height each time.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I like it. Nice and clean.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Question: Suppose you could angle it like a back blade or York rake? Would that help to windrow the "thatch" and make it easier to collect? Or would angling it defeat the spacing needed to do a good job. I looked at web page and it is not manufactured that way.....was just curious.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Question: Suppose you could angle it like a back blade or York rake? Would that help to windrow the "thatch" and make it easier to collect? Or would angling it defeat the spacing needed to do a good job. I looked at web page and it is not manufactured that way.....was just curious.
I really don't know how you could angle it. It is not manufactured to be adjusted. it doesn't loose its load while turning. I just get it loaded and drive it all to a common location. I usually have people asking for it so I just let them come and pick it up. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
bama1025r--do u have any pics of it mounted to ur i-match?

and i think it beat hands down raking them needles by hand. tractor all the way.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

and i think it beat hands down raking them needles by hand. tractor all the way.
I don't but I will take some this weekend

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

20161124_134857.jpg 20161124_134846.jpg 20161124_134837.jpg
I hope these help.

·
Registered
12,476 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes they do--so thanks a lot-bama1025r:bigthumb:
I was glad to be of help. Thanks for the kind comments. I am new to owning a tractor and so far I'm blown away by all the ways it helps me accomplish more around the place.:greentractorride:

·
Registered
222 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts